Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

help! car sounds like a tractor

Options
  • 02-10-2006 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭

i could do with some advice
    i have a 00 fiat punto
    5 mins ago it went from driving fine to sounding like a tractor
    any ideas why?
    the aa will be out eventually but i'm killing myself here wondering how much this is going to cost to fix...
    thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Razormac37

It's probably your exhaust, pop into fast fit and they'll have a look at it 4 ya

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Could be the exhaust alright, but it could also be that one of your plug leads is knackered or one cylinder isn't firing. Is the engine running smoothly or is it vibrating a lot? If it vibrating then it could be that one cylinder is down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭catho_monster

yeah, aa came out and told me that nearly the whole exhaust unit needs to be replaced...it broke somewhere near the top of the car...

razormack, where's my nearest fastfit? i'm in rathmines...

any ideas how much this will set me back??!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

There's a fast fit in Donnybrook, or you could try Advance in Walkinstown 01 450 7775 or Advance in JFK industrial estate 01 450 4622. Give them a buzz and they'll give you an idea of the price and whether or not they are in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

The flexi section on my exhaust at the front blew out last week on the Alfa. Alfa were looking for €550 to replace inc labour. :eek:

Was able to source an OE front section from Alfashop in the UK inc shipping for €220. Local Advance P fitting it tomorrow at 1hr labour.

Its a dealer only part :mad: (apparently not in the UK)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭catho_monster

oh sweet lord.
    seeing as i was booked in for a service and getting my timing belt replaced next week, this is looking very expensive and i wonder if the bloody thing is worth putting the money into.
    magic-bank-loan-wand, anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Nevermind, didn't read above posts.

Advertisement