Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Broadband Price Reduction

Options
  • 02-10-2006 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭

I checked back over the last 5 pages here and see no mention of it , still I would imagine this is old news on this forum .

I just got an e-mail from Eircom saying my BB would be reduced from 39.99 a month to 29.99 as and from the 2nd of October . First I have heard of it and I am delighted , but like I said above , maybe the regulars here knew about this going back a while .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Moe Lester

yeah someone mentioned it awhile back last month.

its cery good that the price is there but i still wonder if they will upgrade the speed in january as they usally do.

i hope they do as it would be great

• Registered Users Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yep.. good news.

Is the €39.99 the Home Plus package? I'm unsure. Think that's the one that about €55 including VAT and such.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

The €55 package has been reduced to €48ish.

Breaking their little hearts, ain't they? Thank God they don't charge for breaking cap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭juliuspret

basquille wrote:
    Yep.. good news.

Is the €39.99 the Home Plus package? I'm unsure. Think that's the one that about €55 including VAT and such.

The ~€55 has dropped by less than €10.

The €39.99 to €29.99 drop is for their 2Mbit product!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

AFAIR they said they will reduce the prices by up to 25%. Marketing Schmarketing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

qwertz wrote:
    AFAIR they said they will reduce the prices by up to 25%. Marketing Schmarketing.
    They are.
    The 2meg product is dropping by €10 from €39.99 to €29.99. Thats a 25% reduction.
    The 1meg product is dropping by €5 from €29.99 to €24.99.
    And the 3meg product is dropping by €6.05:rolleyes: to €48.40.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

It looks like UTV has dropped their 2MB service to €24.99 (when bundled with UTV Talk).

UTV have Broadband only for €20.99, €26.99 and €39.99 (1Mb, 2Mb 3Mb).

No sign of a price drop from BT, though. They're still showing €20, €30 and €40 for Broadband only.

Digiweb are showing €22.99, €29.95 and €42.34 for the same speeds, and eircoms prices are €24.99, €29.99 and €48.40.

Bundling broadband with calls and/or line rental is still the cheapest way to get broadband - basic 1Mb service for under €11.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

basquille wrote:
    Breaking their little hearts, ain't they? Thank God they don't charge for breaking cap!
    Just out of interest how far over the cap would you need to go for them to start charging, Im on the 10gb a month one

gustavo wrote:
    Just out of interest how far over the cap would you need to go for them to start charging, Im on the 10gb a month one
    I know people who have went 400% over.. just look up a couple of past threads exceeding regarding the Eircom cap.

You'll start seeing screenshots of the DSL stats page with 140GB downloaded for people on the 20GB package and have never been charged.. but every day, people always warn they have the right to charge at any time.. and blah-de-blah-de-blah.

Been with Eircom broadband for 2 years and they haven't charged me yet anyways. And as soon as they start, i'm off to another provider.

But i guess Smart aren't an option anymore! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Hah well this month was my first month and here was me getting paranoid cos i was 5% over:)

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Brendan552004

I was getting 2MB download speed on my Eircom 3MB broadband package, I have changed to the 2MB package, 29.99 I now get 1.65/70 download on this package, I cannot really tell the difference, seems about the same speed. 25 euro cheaper per month.

Brendan

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

price_reduction.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

For 1MB broadband, free national and UK landline calls anytime, are BT still the best at €45 per month? Including line rental of course..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Hurrah. A price reduction is always welcome.

Advertisement