Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very odd dream

• 02-10-2006 1:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys, I'm normally pretty good about tracking my weird dreams back to events in real life, but I have a real tough one and was wondering if anyone here could offer any insight?

Basically it's normally based with a group of my old friends from a few years ago who I am still really tight with, but sometimes it's set with friends from Dublin, who while I am close to they would not know me as well as my other mates.

Anyway, it's normally based around us doing something, and some authority figure then comes along and catches us. At one time it was set in school and it was the principle, another one I can remember is being got with a kilo of coke down my jumper by a cop!!!! Anyway, at this point in the dream I will always notice something odd about my arm or leg or hand, and on closer inspection I can see that my skin is peeling away and I am actually made of fire ( imagine a glass model of a man, fill with fire, now remove the glass, there you go ) and the rest of the dream is normally me and my friends trying to stop people pulling all my skin off and letting all my fire escape.

Anyway, like I said, I'm normally good with my own dreams but this one has me buggered.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

It almost sounds like you do recreational drugs and are concerned about what it might do to you? Just a wild guess... If not, who knows?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

It almost sounds like you do recreational drugs and are concerned about what it might do to you? Just a wild guess... If not, who knows?

Nah , not really. In fairness, we all have odd dreams that involve things we never normally do, i don't think you should get caught up on the fact that there was some coke in one of my dreams. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭kshiel

Sounds a bit like a power dream. Not an expert on dreams or anything else for that matter. Are you embarking on any new adventures in your life that you may feel a little unsure of the outcome or if you should go ahead with it at all, or maybe you have been let down lately. I say this as the fire seems to be you, and the skin is your protective layer so anyone trying to take that away is like loosing yourself in a sense, but your friends protecting your skin may show that you have people willing to help with what ever it is you may be dealing with.

As I said no expert, just a guess.

Advertisement