Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zakora's Dive

Options
  • 02-10-2006 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭

Would anyone rather he hadn't won us the penno and the game ended 1-1 ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

No. I think the whole thing has been overblown for no real reason. There's blatant dives in either the Premiership or Champs League pretty much every week, ones just as bad as this, and people don't go so overboard. I'd rather it didn't happen but I don't feel disgusted to be a Spurs fan or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

I'm not gonna repeat what I've said elsewhere, but I'll say this: its not the Tottenham way.

Jol needs a word.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I agree - I didn't like the way the win was achieved. Initially I thought it was a peno but in the replays realised it wasn't. I don't like it, but having said that it's not the first time it's happened and won't be the last (hopefully the last by Zokora though). I'd be gutted if I was a Pompey fan though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Would anyone rather he hadn't won us the penno and the game ended 1-1 ?

Just something else that's occured to me...

I'm very reluctant to conceed that if he'd not dived the game would have finished 1-1. Only if it happened really late in the game will I agree with that. 1st half, with us 1-0 up and dominant, there was still plenty of time for us to get a 2nd (or to defend the cross for Kanu's goal a bit better)

To assume that the dive aside, the game would have played out exactly as it did is unwise. We were all agreed that had Jenas connected with Davids' cross at Anfield, the result would have been different, right? Why, surely they'd still have scored 3 and won 3-1?

Anyway, its done now. Lets move on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 chalky76

So i aint crying!!As for Pedro Mendes....is their a more unlucky player in the game?The old Trafford disaster,missing out on the Portugese World Cup plane,Thatcher trying to kill him & sundays incident all pretty much in 12 months......Wont be getting on his plane/train/automobile thats for sure!!:eek:

• Advertisement

chalky76 wrote:
    So i aint crying!!As for Pedro Mendes....is their a more unlucky player in the game?The old Trafford disaster,missing out on the Portugese World Cup plane,Thatcher trying to kill him & sundays incident all pretty much in 12 months......Wont be getting on his plane/train/automobile thats for sure!!:eek:

What happened with missing the plane? Don't think I heard about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

he wasnt picked to be in the portugese squad to go to the world cup, is what i think he meant.

not that he was late to the airport or anything :)

he wasnt picked to be in the portugese squad to go to the world cup, is what i think he meant.

not that he was late to the airport or anything :)

Oh right. I was imagining him getting an emergency late call up and somehow not making it to the airport in time so someone else came or something crazy like that. Not that that would make much sense!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

no no n o.

he was getting a taxi to the airport after a last minute decision to include him inthe squad, when a bus full of ivory coast internationals crashed. the all hopped out, blamed him and he missed the flight whilst the driver was giving his insurance details.

or something :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 chalky76

yeah sorry i should of made it clearer,he lost his place in the squad,mind you Maniche looked a good player in his role so the squad wasnt weakened,still good enough to knock England OUT!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement