Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

1500 to spend

• 02-10-2006 2:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

i've 1500 hundred to spend on a laptop for my postgrad-will mainly be using excel and word powerpoint and a few other programs-noothing too demanding! but need laptop, as will be travelling and working from home!
    i need a docking station and external monitor also.
    oh and it has to all be from dell
    any advice? want to spend the money as effectively as possible!
    looking at
    -Inspiron 640M(N106M6) - Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor T5600 (1.83 GHz, 2 MB L2 cache, 667 MHz FSB),
    1024MB 533MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM (2x512 80GB (5,400rpm) Hard Drive
    TOTAL Incl. VAT:€ 1,092.48

-UK/Ireland - Advanced Port Replicator 90W AC Adapter and Power Cord for Inspiron 510m / 8600C Notebooks
    € 150.04

-Dell UltraSharp 1907FP 19-inch Black Flat Panel LCD Monitor (1907FP TCO99
    € 279.75

Thxs

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

car_girl wrote:
    any advice? want to spend the money as effectively as possible!

If you want to spend money effectively, then lower your standards. :)

I would consider myself a laptop power user and I wouldn't even go for that laptop. It is an extremely powerful machine that is probably waaaaay to high-spec for what you need to do.

Have a look at the 1300 model - and increase the RAM to 1Gb for extra bit of performance. The 1300 is entry level, and it is not the fastest of machines, but it will suffice for just word, powerpoint and web surfing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭tonyboy247

If all you need to do is that stuff.. you can get a mobile phone for that.. you dont need a computer..looks like you have enjoyed dells website so goodluck my friend looks like you will need it!! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

tonyboy247 wrote:
    If all you need to do is that stuff.. you can get a mobile phone for that.. you dont need a computer..looks like you have enjoyed dells website so goodluck my friend looks like you will need it!! ;)

Tony, my man, good to see you are back! We missed you!

Advertisement