Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dentist recommendation - Limerick

Options
  • 02-10-2006 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

I need recommendations on a new Dentist - last guy was at best an ignorant git and at worst filling perfectly healthy teeth - Well I have my suspicions anyhow......

Any advice on a decent Dentist in the Limerick area ? Let me know if you consider yours to be knowledable, skilled, personable and honest.....

Thanks,

Raiser.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

My guy is just off the cresnt on o'connell street, i think the name is John Hennessy, he was recommended and is really great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭scrattletrap

My one is in Castletroy, Ruth Murphy, she's really good (that reminds me I must get a check up, I've had the card thing sitting on the mantle piece the last few weeks)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I go to Iarlaith Killian in Castletroy (diagonally opposite from the Kilmurray).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

John Hennessy Definately.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 1234556789

I find Tom Linehan very good in the bridge house dental clinic on Charlotte Quay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭aniascor

Ruth Murphy in Castletroy was my dentist in Limerick, and she was always excellent. Can't recommend her enough - she saved two of my teeth which had been badly filled by a butcher of a dentist about six months before I went to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭John2002

Dr Michael Galvin, Dental Surgeon, 18 Barrington Street, Limerick. My mother who is a healthboard dentist recommends him and I've been using him for years with no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Crea

Brian McCabe, Church Road, Raheen. He's really nice. My completely neurotic, dentist phobe friend thinks he's great. And he wears lovely aftershave.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

You could always try Peter Shorten, first house down from the Red Tech on O'Connell Ave. Brilliant, no nonsence and lovely manner about him.

Would recommend him to the most dentist phobic people I know (my mother included!)

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭theblackstuff

Ruth Murphy

as mentioned previously excellent dentist

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭AlanD

I've been through quite a few dentists in Limerick and without doubt the best I've been to is Robert Wallace. He used to operate in Castletroy in a shared practice, but he's now moved to his own practice to dooradoyle. Literally across from the Crescent shopping centre. If coming out of the S.C by the "new" way where you have to stop for traffic lights. His building is across the road to the left.

I'd highly recommend him. I now travel to him because he moved.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭youthacademy

hey, i'd say peter shorten aswell, have been going to him for years, very good dentist

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I have had good experiences with Peter Shorten & the guy in the Old Quarter Dental Paractice (Name escapes me). You've just reminded me I need to go see my orthodontist

David Beckett, brilliant if anyone is looking for a good one

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Hey Folks,

Thanks for all the replies - Think I'll make an appointment with Ruth Murphy as am working nearby and she clearly won out in my extensive survey :D

Cheers,

Raiser.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Resurrecting this thread, can some tell me a good dentist that is open saturdays and is reasonable.

I have phoned Denis Kerrisk, Ruth Murphy, Annette O'Donovan, and Peter Shorten and none are open Saturdays.

I can only go Saturdays you see because of work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 pearlygate

Noonan Dr Eamonn T
    17 Ellen st Limerick Co. Limerick
    (061)468765

he opens a half day on sat mornings, excellent dentist

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Willstev wrote: »
    Resurrecting this thread, can some tell me a good dentist that is open saturdays and is reasonable.

I have phoned Denis Kerrisk, Ruth Murphy, Annette O'Donovan, and Peter Shorten and none are open Saturdays.

I am not 100% sure but I think that Noelle Cobbe in Raheen opens for a while on saturday. You will have to ring them to find out.

Cobbe Noelle BDS NUI
    Unit 10 Racefield S.C
    Father Russell Rd
    Raheen
    Limerick
    (061)308300

An excellent dentist she is too by the way.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭ShamrockAir

I would go with Robert Wallace in Dooradoyle.

I went to him before and i found him very pleasant.It was with an abscess that needed a lot of work.He stayed back for an extra 1/2 hour and didnt charge ectra.

His equipment is extremely clean and modern

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Crea wrote: »
    Brian McCabe, Church Road, Raheen. He's really nice. My completely neurotic, dentist phobe friend thinks he's great. And he wears lovely aftershave.

I'll agree with this one but not sure about the aftershave part! :) He's really nice and friendly.

🤪

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭Musha

Mr E wrote: »
    I go to Iarlaith Killian in Castletroy (diagonally opposite from the Kilmurray).

+1

good guy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭rosboy

Crea wrote: »

Again, I'm not sure about the aftershave:p, I but I highly recommend this dentist. Very nice. Very professional. No preaching about how long its been since your last visit or anything like that.

His receptionist/assistant is very nice too.

I wasn't waiting more than 2 min in the reception area.

Again, highly recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Willstev wrote: »

Paul O'Connell starts at 7:30 on appointment if that's any help. Old Quarter. Find him very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I go to Annette O'Donovan in the Alexandra dental practise. I'd really reccomend her. Its a lovely modern surgery and its the most pain free dentist Ive ever been too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

LeslieP09 wrote: »
    check this place out
    good experiences so far, and different from most other dentists,
    professional and experienced, and friendly unlike some bi atchs i've had before.

Wow Leslie - you were so impressed that you subscribed to Boards.ie and then posted all of your existing 3 posts in the space of 6 minutes recommending this Business out of the goodness of your heart?

Smells a bit off to me.

- Does it really hurt less if you do your own fillings?

FFS!!!
    This place is perfect if your looking for a cosmetic dentist, they
    offer loads of other treatments too, excellent and professional service.
    Hopefully no more fillings or aches for me now, but thinking ill get the laser
    whitening done here,

heres their website for more info cant recommend highly enough
    <SNIP>
    this place is very good, had to go there few times and beats most of
    the other typical stuffy dentist rooms and the dentist i had was very nice
    and very good, had some bad experiences before getting fillings done, and having them fall out, so this time round when here to no 8 in limerick,
    no pain or discomfort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭potlatch

Reviving this thread.

I've been recommended Eamonn Noonan, though I've come across some bad stories about him.

I'm looking for a general checkup, and therefore nothing too serious. I'll also need a bite-guard made up because I grind my teeth at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

bumping this thread, looking for a dentist that wont give you the lecture that some will for not getting more regular checkups, heard good things about Alexandra but the only time i can get an appointment with them is in 2 weeks, used to go to the guy in the old quarter but last time i was there had a horrible experience so looking for someone good who might be able to fit me in sooner, have a chipped back tooth thats starting to hurt

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭source

Aidan Higgins, on O'Connell Avenue is pretty good, at least i've found him good, hadn't been to a dentist since i got my braces off in 2002. (not a fan of dentists) He's managed to put me at ease, oh and no lecture. Just pointed out what was wrong with my teeth, and told me what needed doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I havent been in ages either so a good cleaning/checkup is long overdue, having my tooth shattered while it was being pulled out by a student dentist then having the rest of it drilled out of my mouth kinda put me off regular checkups

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Dennis Kerrisk on O'Connell Street. Been to him a few times and have no complaints at all. Place is spotless as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭bazkennedy

I go to Dr Noonan on Lwr Mallow St. Very nice man

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement