Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One week since storm damage and no sign of the Eircom repair crew...

Options
  • 02-10-2006 3:22pm

Yup,I've just phoned in the fault to 1901 for the fourth time in a week and the line is still out.
    This is my brothers phone line and his service,line rental etc is all with Eircom.

What are the remedies in a situation like that ? Being that it is now supposedly a private company and they havent been providing the phone line service for the last week despite the service being paid for...

I've just got a speel on the phone to say that last weeks storm damage was cathostrophic?? It was fairly windy alright but it wasnt a pacific typhoon or anything.. 1 week like!! :mad:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

it was a normal autumn storm.

2 working days and he can claim line rental back

http://www.eircom.ie/About/Activities/Sn4_pt11.pdf

They might hum and haw about that though sponge bob as it was a fallen tree during the windy spell that caused the fault ie it cut the line...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

fine, live with a broken line and pay full price for that privilege

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Altreab

Tristrame wrote:
    They might hum and haw about that though sponge bob as it was a fallen tree during the windy spell that caused the fault ie it cut the line...

Put in a claim for it and when doing do be sure to mention that you have called 4 times previous about the fault. They will give the credit.
    On a more general note be sure to report a fault every time one happens .....then once a number of fault reports have built up be sure to ask for a credit even if none last the 2 working days. Most times you will get the credit and within a period of time the actual number of faults drops dramaticly :D and yes i am speaking from experience here!!!

Advertisement