Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plumbing for new radiators

Options
  • 02-10-2006 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm running in the first fix plumbing for 2 radiators before plastering. I want all pipes to come out from the walls as opposed to up from the ground, and I'm looking for tips on how to best do this.

I have the first rad done - basically got the pipe centres from the radiator suppliers (designer vertical rad) and ran the pipes out from the walls (concrete blocks with 1 inch battens) at those centres, leaving room for a bit of movement when I slabbed over it, so there'll be a small room to play around with (will fill the gap where pipe leaves wall afterwards).

It was quite tricky to get the pipes centred correctly so I'm just wondering if there's any tips anyone has to help with it for the second one which is a standard rad about 1280mm pipe centres I think. I had an idea to cut a piece of timber to size, cut 1/2" holes in it at the correct width, and then fit this over the pipes where they come out of the wall to ensure they are the correct distance apart (would also make it easy to get a level) before clipping them to the wall and then slabbing (after removing the timber). Does this sound like a good idea or are there better ways of doing it?

Also, on the first rad I had to use 2 tectite fittings due to no access and I think I forgot to put inserts into the qualpex at the ends going into the tectite (all other fittings are compression and have the inserts). I had the pipes fitted with blanks on them for 2 days before slabbing and had no leaks - do I still need to go back, take off the slab, disassemble the tectite joints and add the inserts?

Advertisement