Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

buying on play.com

• 02-10-2006 4:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭

have just noticed that you dont seem able to buy games on play.com anymore if you live in ireland. i just went in and selected a game for my psp and clicked on buy, it went into my basket but when i went to the checkout it said "this item can only be delivered to a uk address", any ideas why and when this changed??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

A few threads on the issue located here. It has been going on for a few weeks I believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭tabatha

thanks for that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

really? because I ordered Yakuza and Star Wars II, within the last 3 weeks and got them no problems

In fact the whole reason I bought Star Wars II was because it was cheaper on play.com then anywhere in Dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

think it has something to do if you selected the order in sterling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

whiskeyman wrote:
    think it has something to do if you selected the order in sterling.

why bother - the price quoted on play.com when converted from sterling is near enough the same price when you do it automatically on the site

example use www.xe.com/pca to do a conversion, think there is maybe 10-20 cents in the difference

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭rgiller

I think what he meant was that if you convert the price from sterling to euro, then you are able to get the stuff posted to Ireland. I ordered a game today, which I haven't been able to do for a while, by changing the £11.99 pricetag to €17.99. The order was accepted without any problems. Now I just have to wait to see if it arrives...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭rgiller

And today I got an email saying they've posted it ouy so I guess it works...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

The Euro conversion rate on Play was ridiculously high when they initially began to only accept orders in Euro's to addresses outside the UK.

However, a few days later (possibly from all the irate e-mails sent to them) the rates were changed. They've now rounded all the Euro conversions up to either €xx.49 or €xx.99.

Advertisement