Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bluetooth help

• 02-10-2006 4:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

stuck my bluethooth thingy onto back of my dell dimension pc, loaded the software, video from nokia 6234 downloaded successfully to pc BUT when I went to open it my pc did not recognise the programme. anyone guess why. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

It sounds like you don't have a program installed to play the video file. Whats the file extension you get?

This is not a Bluetooth issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ITloser

Thanks Aiden. Yea, I thought it wasn't really a bluetooth issue. not sure what file extension I got - am at work at the mo, all that stuff is at home. I thought that the software that came with my bluetooth device would be able to read the video - or do I need to up-grade media software on my pc (most of my pc software is 3 yrs old)? Also, the list of mobile phones supported by the b/tooth software lists every model of phone except the 6234 model. I thought bluetooth could recognise every device?

Thanks.

ITloser (aptly named!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

do I need to up-grade media software on my pc (most of my pc software is 3 yrs old)?
    Thats it in a nutshell. If you come back later and tell us what extension the video file has, we can have a look for software to play the video. Unless someone else with the same phone can offer a solution in the mean time.
    I thought bluetooth could recognise every device?
    If the phone supports the standard, then there shouldn't really be a problem.

Advertisement