Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Iqon LM1W is RAM upgradable?

• 02-10-2006 5:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭

is the RAM upgradable in these laptops? if so what type does it take and does it have a spare slot or do i have to replace the existing RAM?

it has 256MB and a 1.5Ghz celeron processor and i want to put in 512MB to speed it up. i presume this will work if it is possible?

i believe RAM just slots in to a bay and that is all that has to be done, is this correct?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

All depends on what the motherboard supports. I couldn't find anything online for that model notebook. Try calling the number below and they should help:

Out of warranty:
    Technical and software support line 1570 778 700
    (Mon-Fri 10:00-18:00)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

The iQon website is a load of tosh, best give them a call about it as suggested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭mathias

It is upgradeable , but to find out if you have a spare slot your going to have to open it ,

You need a jewellers crosspoint ( philips ) to open it , dont be tempted to use a bigger one , you'll just wreck the screws.

The manual says which panel you take off for the memory ( the manual is on the driver CD ) .

It will most certainly be SO-DIMM , DDR , mine was the PC2700 ( 333Mhz ) type ,
    It can be had from Komplett , an extra 256 is 40 euro

http://www.komplett.ie/k/kl.asp?bn=10522

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭ffocused

Thank you Mathias, never thought of checking the drivers cd for a manual.
    I rang customer support before posting and was holding for 10 minutes so i hung up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

I know iQon are in transit to new premises at the moment and things are up in the air. Probably why no answer.
    Sales is working alright though! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

OK it has DDR2 533 SDRAM (SO-DIMM 200pin). 1 256 module and 1 spare slot.
    i checked komplett and how do i know what CAS Latency and memory speed is right for my system?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭mathias

All 533 modules in komplett are the same , you dont need to worry about those particular figures , just get the 533 and it will work .

If you need to check , those figures can be got from the Bios.
    Laptop manufacturers never overclock or mess with memory timings so you should be fine with the komplett modules.

I presume the 533 is memory speed, and if so, this is the only option available to me from Komplett? http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=316248

Advertisement