Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contact Juggling

Options
  • 02-10-2006 5:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭

Hey, just got myself a nice ball for contact juggling. Only problem is i dont have a clue about any tricks i could practice. I had a quick search but most of em are pretty woeful.
    any links to some decent sites would be very much appreciated, or just some tips. thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Contactjuggling.org is your friend in most cases its down at the mo for some some reason but should be back soon. it has a huge video archive of seperate tricks and longer videos too. Plus its run by an irish guy called kay

edit: as for tips patietence is the only way to succeed in contact, you need lots of it, lots and lots

edit2: for any plam rolling things warm up your fingers before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

yeah ive brought it everywhere with me today and im getting the hang of it, i can almost roll it around my palm perfectly i.e like its floating
    yeah i saw the site, thought it was an old link.
    at the moment im looking at youtube videos. I will see how long i last, i can be patient or maybe stubborn is the word :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Once you've gotten the basic butterfly and the backhand pass a good place to move your attention to would be body rolls, either around the chest and down the other arm or just rolling and balancing the ball on your forearm, getting it to stop at your elbow, etc. Again there's no trick to these things, you've just got to get used to having a ball move around your body.

In the beginning just put the ball on your forearm and practice getting it balanced.

Once you've got that, plus what you've already learned, you'll be able to do some impressive tricks.

It is quite hard, im getting it but the ball is moving too fast and doesnt have the floating effect. People think im crazy im walking around campus with a blue ball all the time.
    I found out they have a juggling society too so im joining. Wanna try some poi. Ah the site is back up, contactjuggling.org, il have a goo now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

They say that the trick to getting good palm spins isn't to try and keep doing it really quickly until you get better. They say that'll get you some of the way but you'll never reach the proper floating effect. What you're "meant" to do is take it reeeeeaaaaaaly slowly and move the ball around your hand, taking every single, little movement of the ball as a separate part until you're able to do it a bit faster, then a bit faster still and then without too much concentration and so on.

• Advertisement

cool, i dropped my acrylic ball 2 days ago and dented it, argh a bit angry. stick to plastic for the moment.
    il tak your advice and just go slow

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Stephenm

Wilburt wrote:
    cool, i dropped my acrylic ball 2 days ago and dented it, argh a bit angry. stick to plastic for the moment.
    il tak your advice and just go slow

I read somewhere that you can use products for cleaning moterbike helmet visors to clean/polish acrylic balls. Props are there to be used.

Advertisement