Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Blaupunkt Stero Re-wire DIY Jobby

Options
  • 02-10-2006 6:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭

Okay so i drive a Punto Sporting with a CD Changer and way trying to find a way of connecting my iPOD to the stereo without using one of those usless tape accessories. Imagain my joy when i found this: http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=77

I decided i could like without my CD Changer and went ahead and ordered it and it arrived today..... PROBLEM!
    It dosnt work with the standard Blaupunkt system supplied with puntos, for this cable to work i must buy an aftermarket stereo which i dont wanna do because i like the cleanness and neetness of the exsisting system.

So i was just about to give up hope when i though i play around a little.
    Obviously the CD Changer decodes the Audio and sends it to the stereo, and hence how the new cable worked. The only thing holding me back was the "CD Check" for the changer.

So i got adventerous and tured the stero on with the cd changer attached and played a disc, while the song was playing i disconnected the CD changer with the stereo still on a connected the new AUX Cable.... What happened?
    It worked thats what! Perfect sound!!! Only thing is if i turn the radio back off and back on i'm back to square one and have to do it all again. So i then got this brain wave.

Intergrate both the blue connection and create a CD with noting but silence on it. Connect the new and improved cable, Play the silence disc and hit play on the ipod!!

I have only one thing holding me back...... The mysterious black cable in the AUX cable.

The AUX cable has 3 fittings RED and BLACK (Left and Right) but then also a black cable in the middle. Anyone have any idea what this is for?
    Once i know this is can go ahead..... i think.....

Let us know guys if ya think i'll encounter any problems.

cheers!

Advertisement