Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Importing a Car

Options
  • 02-10-2006 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭

I am thinking of importing a car from Hungary. The seller is using www.mydentrs.com as a transport company. Has anybody heard of this crowd. The deal is I pay them the money, they deliver the car, and if I like it they release the money to the seller. If not satisfied they collect the car.

Anybody any info?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

That just smells of scam ...

Pay money whilst not in actual posession of the car?

Think again ...

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

It seems an awfull lot of trouble to go to for what is a relatively high risk. Is there a particular reason for buying from hungary , or this car in particular?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

There have been a few threads previously on people selling cars via 3rd party agents (the others used a Dutch company whose name I forget) like this and they've all been scams AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Pataman

I know doubts are beginning to set in. I think I will tell him I am flying over to buy it and see what he says.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,240 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Even if it were not a scam (and it sounds like one) unless it was a very rare car indeed, it seems like more hassel than it is worth imo.

Could you not buy the same car in the UK? At least the steering wheel will be on the same side as here.

• Advertisement

The car was seen on Ebay, I expressed an interest. Then he says he has just relocated to Hungary, and wants to use his local transport company. As soon as he said he has just relocated, alarm bells started to sound. I expect to be reading about people being duped in the paper soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Don't do it - it's a scam.

i Think so, me walks away ( might string him along)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

I just did a "whois" on www.mydentrs.com

Domain name: MYDENTRS.COM

Administrative Contact:
    Zachary-Myden, Heather zachary67myden@yahoo.com
    1340 Dumaine Avenue
    Oak Park, CA 91377
    US
    (818)-879-5544
    Technical Contact:
    Zachary-Myden, Heather zachary67myden@yahoo.com
    1340 Dumaine Avenue
    Oak Park, CA 91377
    US
    (818)-879-5544

Looks like a scammer to me!!!

invest4deepvalue.com

Thanks Do-more never thought of that. I did a search on the Hungarian phonebook and there was no reference to them. Their phone and fax are the same number. Very convincing website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Pataman - be sure and report the guy to ebay, send them copies of all the emails. They come down heavy on that sort of thing and will ban him double quick. Unfortunately he will probably resurface with a new user name pretty quickly...

invest4deepvalue.com

Will do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 neil@mcrobb.co.

I am currently speaking to someone in Hungary who is offering me a £45k Porsche for £15k. He has been offered a new job there and has taken the car over with him. He wouldn't give me the VIN number. I managed to get an HPI check and the vehicle had finance taken out on it on Monday this week the same day it appeared on ebay. It was taken off ebay on Tuesday. He didn't want contacted via ebay but on his yahoo web mail.

His also is wanting to use this same transport firm which does have a very convincing web site. I registered with them but have not transfered any money. Interestingly a received an email from the transport company telling me they have changed their bank details. I copied that email to the one given on their website and they replied to say yes they had changed their details.

Very professional scam I think, I'll keep my money in my bank.

Advertisement