Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Actors Headshots

Options
  • 02-10-2006 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭

Hi, I was just looking for a bit o' advice if anybody can help me.

On leaving drama college I got what were pretty crappy headshots (I knew it at the time but I was painfully broke so it had to do) and as the headshot is such an important part of the jobbing actors career they really didn't get me too far.

Anyways, I'm looking to get new ones done and I've been doing a bit of researching into it and while I've come across a few decent photographers I figure I need to pick a few brains before making a choice.

Can anyone recommend any good photographers for actors headshots and also, whats the general price range and what type of deals are about?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Attracta Mann

Where are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Threadhead

I'm living in Kilkenny at the moment but the majority of photographers I've looked at are in Dublin. I'm very prepared to travel. I pretty much figured it was a necessity anyway. It's hard to find a lot of information about photographers who do actors headshots and their rates also.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Try the Photography board. Seriously.

That would probably make a lot of sense. Thank you very much.

If anybody has dealt with a particularly good photographer or has any idea of what the rates are like, could they post summat up here? I just wanna be as informed as I can be. Thanks a mil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 tenno

Threadhead wrote:
    Hi, I was just looking for a bit o' advice if anybody can help me.

On leaving drama college I got what were pretty crappy headshots (I knew it at the time but I was painfully broke so it had to do) and as the headshot is such an important part of the jobbing actors career they really didn't get me too far.

Anyways, I'm looking to get new ones done and I've been doing a bit of researching into it and while I've come across a few decent photographers I figure I need to pick a few brains before making a choice.

Can anyone recommend any good photographers for actors headshots and also, whats the general price range and what type of deals are about?
    Yeh if you go to moviextras.ie they have great people who do headshots

• Advertisement

Cheers man, thanks very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭DotOrg

i'd recommend asking myself but i'm biased

contact info is on my contact page

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement