Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has Smart gone Bust?

Options
  • 02-10-2006 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭

Has Smart telecomms gone bust, there phone service has a message saying "contact comreg for alternative providers?" what gives?

Regards,
    Maddog

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Phone side is gone under, data is still there, i believe!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,226 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Phone service working fine here for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭gordonnet

lots of "new" customers for eircom and BT then !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

There is no way i am going back to eircon.I hear IBB is an excellent choice.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Dampsquid

From Rte.ie

The majority of Smart Telecom's customers are no longer able to make outgoing calls from their phones tonight because of a dispute with the company and its wholesale provider, Eircom.

Smart customers are being advised to contact the communications regulator, ComReg. They can still receive incoming calls and are able to make emergency 999 calls.

A statement from Eircom said the company regrets that it has been forced to cease providing services to Smart Telecom plc in response to serious credit issues.
    Advertisement

A spokesman for Smart Telecom says the company regrets the inconvenience to its customers and is currently attempting to rectify the situation.

• Advertisement
Advertisement