Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Zidane: A 21st Century Portrait at the IFI

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

eirebhoy wrote:
    I had to go on youtube to confirm I was thinking about the correct goal. What's so special about his Arsenal goal? :confused:

Its Michael Jordan-esque, not so much the goal itself (though that was a sweet left-footer) but the moment.

It was the last game ever at The Dell, and Matt had been injured so wasn't starting. Himself and Franny Benali were on the bench and were brought on with 20 minutes to go to please the fans. The score was 2-2 and Le Tiss scored in the last minute. As fairytale endings go, that has to be the best I've ever heard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

went to see it today. very poor tbh. boring. but the sound was great. he did shag all for the whole game. one great move creates a goal. he seems really lonely and out of place compared to the other players and doesnt seem to care about what he is doin. gets a red card at the end for fightin but it didnt even look like he knew what happened.... just more like he saw an argument and thought "oh cool a fight".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Its Michael Jordan-esque, not so much the goal itself (though that was a sweet left-footer) but the moment.

It was the last game ever at The Dell, and Matt had been injured so wasn't starting. Himself and Franny Benali were on the bench and were brought on with 20 minutes to go to please the fans. The score was 2-2 and Le Tiss scored in the last minute. As fairytale endings go, that has to be the best I've ever heard.

I bet you shed a tear posting that :D

Ullu insulting others on soccer board is bad, try not to do it again.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭ullu

KdjaCL wrote:
    Ullu insulting others on soccer board is bad, try not to do it again.

It was aimed at the post as opposed to the poster but point taken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

KdjaCL wrote:
    I bet you shed a tear posting that :D

Sniff, yep... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

zidane was a genius, a flair player who enjoyed to play. But he wasn't a leader. He could only inspire with his skills and not his presence.

The greatest player i've ever seen in the flesh - our own Roy Keane. A presence, a leader, a fighter... The F14 of football. Zidane was a concorde.

Advertisement