Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First International Animal Welfare Conference

Options
  • 02-10-2006 11:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭

First International Animal Welfare Conference - would anyone be interested in a thing like that? I am thinking about starting to work on it now with approaching possible sponsors and all that.

As a holistic animal healer/pet Psychologist/ dog massage therapist / animal communicator I would certainly throw in my two cent and give a talk on something but I would like to make it real big.

A conference which highlights the needs of animals, new forms of healing, petititons against cruelty and so on.

Whoever wants to be involved: Please PM me and maybe we can organise this together. It would be so important but I cannot do it on my own.

Wouldn´t it be great if this dream would become reality??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cotton

Have you checked out http://www.anvilireland.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Irish-Lass

there are a number of organisations that have fallen in behind Anvil Ireland. They are holding a meeting on the 15th of October. For the rights of the animals to be changed and for greater penalties and fines when charged with animal cruelty we need to be standing up as one voice. Miriam who is the driving force behind Anvil Ireland has spent hours researching and going through all the different acts. She has met with TD's etc.

You can start by writing to your local TD's and telling them how horrified you are at the way animals are treated in Ireland and the fact that no single Government Department in responsible for animals but that it is spread over a few and that cats have few if any rights. Its election year next year so now is the time to get them to work for you after all they are there to represent you. On the Anvil website there are a few draft letters to get you started, cause I know when I first started writing to my TD's the first letter was the hardest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭tj-music.com

Irish-Lass wrote:
    there are a number of organisations that have fallen in behind Anvil Ireland. They are holding a meeting on the 15th of October. For the rights of the animals to be changed and for greater penalties and fines when charged with animal cruelty we need to be standing up as one voice. Miriam who is the driving force behind Anvil Ireland has spent hours researching and going through all the different acts. She has met with TD's etc.

You can start by writing to your local TD's and telling them how horrified you are at the way animals are treated in Ireland and the fact that no single Government Department in responsible for animals but that it is spread over a few and that cats have few if any rights. Its election year next year so now is the time to get them to work for you after all they are there to represent you. On the Anvil website there are a few draft letters to get you started, cause I know when I first started writing to my TD's the first letter was the hardest

Thanks Irish - Lass and Cotton!!

Advertisement