Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Special Christmas

Options
  • 03-10-2006 12:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭

Hello folks.

May I start by apologising for bringing up christmas shopping in early october but this is important.

I would like to propose a national (and maybe even international) movement of Christmas shoppers so as to send out a dual message of "up yours" to the American Empire and the global mall and a "we miss you" to independant retailers who supply indigenous goods and/or fair trade items. Believe me, if this were to be successful internationallu it would do more than Trocaire could ever dream of to help world trade be somewhat fair and do more to the US's war chest than the UN's empty threats/please.

Who's with me?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Sarsfield

Cork Boy wrote:
    "up yours" to the American Empire

What about the ordinary American workers who are just like you & me who make an honest living working for American industry?

In fact what about the thousands of Irish who do the same?

I bought a Dell computer recently from the American Empire. It was made by some decent hardworking Limerick folk :)

But I'll happily avoid Starbucks (even though they sell fairtrade coffee) if it helps :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭peepsbates

Cork Boy wrote:
    Hello folks.

May I start by apologising for bringing up christmas shopping in early october but this is important.

I would like to propose a national (and maybe even international) movement of Christmas shoppers so as to send out a dual message of "up yours" to the American Empire and the global mall and a "we miss you" to independant retailers who supply indigenous goods and/or fair trade items. Believe me, if this were to be successful internationallu it would do more than Trocaire could ever dream of to help world trade be somewhat fair and do more to the US's war chest than the UN's empty threats/please.

Who's with me?

How do you propose to impliment this national(and maybe international) movement?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭vms7ply9t6dw4b

Yeah i happen to like the American Empire...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

were doing what now?
    is this some sort of ninteno/sony plot to try and reduce xbox sales?

Advertisement