Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water pressure

Options
  • 03-10-2006 1:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭

Hi guys
    Looking for a quick answer. I will be getting on to council (but just in case of delays) to find out what the water pressure should be to average house. Reason I need quick response is having to make decission re type of boiler and this is a big issue.
    Also anybody know where to acquire water pressure meter? and mains filter unit(to protect boiler) if tyhey exist
    Regards
    t

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

With a cold water storage tank in the attic the incoming pressuure should not be a problem. I'm sure all supplies should be suffficient to supply the tank. You can pick up a pressure gauge in Heatmerchants etc or anywhere they supply pumps.
    Reguarding the mains filter unit, it shouldn't be a requirment for the boiler/central heating as it's a closed loop system, the same water constantly circulates and rarely requires top up.. There are filters & softeners available out there from the likes of Springsoft.ie for the removal of lime, iron etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭tapest

stapeler wrote:
    With a cold water storage tank in the attic the incoming pressuure should not be a problem. I'm sure all supplies should be suffficient to supply the tank. You can pick up a pressure gauge in Heatmerchants etc or anywhere they supply pumps.
    Reguarding the mains filter unit, it shouldn't be a requirment for the boiler/central heating as it's a closed loop system, the same water constantly circulates and rarely requires top up.. There are filters & softeners available out there from the likes of Springsoft.ie for the removal of lime, iron etc.

Tns Stapeler
    the reason pressure / filter is important is that it is the intention to install a mains fed "combi boiler", Heating + domestic HW all in one, without the need for header tank or copper cylinder.
    I got a response from council...Min supply pressure to normal 2 story house should be 15 psi...Boiler need 1 bar or it shuts down
    tnx again
    t

Advertisement