Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beers/Farewell sessions?

Options
  • 03-10-2006 8:20am
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Well, time to talk about beer again, I think you'll find.

Forum law (well, ok, tradition as established by The Great Shabby One) states that we should all go for beers this friday as the first friday of October. Which, in and of itself, is fine (it might even be a good night, since I can't make it and will therefore be unavailable to shout drunkenly in people's ears).

However.

JohnK is leaving us for Australia, and dudara is departing at some point for Dublin (if she hasn't already). Some sort of farewell session is clearly in order. The only questions are:
    • when?
    • where?
    • do we make sure the departees turn up or just pour some beer on the floor in their memory (in gangsta rap tradition)?

So, what do ye think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

You'll probably find that if you pour alcohol on the floor someone will insist on licking it up at some point... Not me, of course. I've a bit more class than that O.o

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

i wont be able to make this fri either, however, might i propose a Second Saturday, to continue the aliterative drinking nights....

that said, i ll drink almost any night

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

The Great Shabby One has departed too, or will depart later this evening. I look forward to the wake.

*sob*

adam /waves

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

/me looks about in puzzlement

dahamsta is back?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

According to the Oracle that is the Mod forum, he's been reinstated.

Now, considering what he's mostly known for, I'm impressed. (And sorely tempted to make very rude remarks which would get me banned, but I'll save them for the beers...).

Anyway. Adam. Now you're back, get with suggesting beerage, damnit! Haven't been out for pints with you in ages.

• Advertisement

lo dahamsta :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Count me in. I don't suppose it could be this Saturday? I've something I want to get out of.

I'm also going to Purgatory this Friday with some guys from work if anybody's going?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

It'd be a shame to pour beer on the floor so I guess I'll just have to come along! :D What day are we actually talking about?

Welcome back dahamsta :D! I hope you'll be sending Ken off in style!?!?!

I'm also going to Purgatory this Friday with some guys from work if anybody's going?

May be heading along after my work do beforehand. Haven't quite decided yet. Will let you know.

JohnK wrote:
    It'd be a shame to pour beer on the floor

By floor, I think he meant "the back of our throats" ;)

Quick poll? Who can make Saturday night and who can make next Friday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

By floor, I think he meant "the back of our throats" ;)
    Yeah I was having trouble picturing anyone willingly pouring beer on the floor with that lot around :p

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Cant make saturday as I'll be frantically producing page upon page of even-by-my-standards-crappy comics up in Dublin with a few other deranged fools. Next week, however, sounds good...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Fysh wrote:
    Cant make saturday
    Saturday it is then!

arf arf

I'm not about Saturday either. The next Friday should be do-able though. Mmmm...boards pints, of which I have had far too few :)

not ALL deranged fools,

cant' do the comin weekend for the same reason

Next Friday it is so?

I'm going to have to miss Purgatory tonight, so if I can think of a way to get out of that party tomorrow night I'll have a whole weekend without drinking. I'm not sure if I should be happy or sad about that.........

No Purgatory for Jack tonight either...I is sick :(

Well we knew that.....

Zzzzzzing!

Wont be there either, have spent stupid amounts of money this week. Wah. :(

Well we knew that.....

O.o I'd be careful, you...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Welcome back dahamsta. Had to do a double take when I saw the name!!

I have indeed moved to Dublin, and right now, I am in Noordwijk, near Amsterdam for 2 weeks on a training course. Dunno when I'll be back Leeside again, but I'll keep an eye on boards for upcoming drinks.

Enjoy all

Advertisement