Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

High revs on start

Options
  • 03-10-2006 9:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭

Guys,

Over the past 2/3 weeks, two mornings when I have started my car the revs are instantly around 3000 rpm. So basically the car has started, its in neutral and its like I have my foot on the accelerator but I dont. Once I slip it in gear and release the clutch teh revs go away.

Any help appreciated,

Jumpa

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Happened to me a few years ago, don't know the technical term for it but the mechanic said that basically the accelerator cable (??) had tensed and needed to be replaced. I would strongly recommend getting it seen to ASAP as driving with it was the reason my car is now in the scrapyard heap :(

When I went to pull out from a traffic light the car stuttered forward as it took that extra few seconds to make up the revs.. then boom!! Ah well..

I was quoted €220 to sort the problem, dunno if that was high or low.

Best o luck

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Cheers C,

You are after costing me a lot of money this week, The Buff Spa last week and now 220 on an accelerator cable!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Cheers C,

You are after costing me a lot of money this week, The Buff Spa last week and now 220 on an accelerator cable!

Ha ha ha.. well only one thing is essential - you can live without the car :p

Advertisement