Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 mobile phone coverage in the Court

Options
  • 03-10-2006 9:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭

Hello everyone,

I am living in the Court and ever since I moved in over a year ago I have had very poor mobile phone coverage. I am with O2. My partner, also with O2 experiences same problem.The signal seems very unstable and is completely lost from time to time. Dropped calls are frequent. Its highly frustrating. Has anyone else experienced this? Once you are outside there are no problems and signal strength is fine.

Brewster

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

I had the same problem when I was with Meteor (actually it didn't seem to matter where I was!).

I changed over to 3 and haven't had any problems since.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

3 Piggyback on the o2 Network so im surprised u got coverage!
    all of my mates on o2 up here in the crescent changed to meteor because they piggyback on vodafone..
    im on vodafone and have good signal everywhere...
    Also i think it can depend on your phones as well.. some have better antennas then others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

3 piggy back on Vodafone, not O2! It would be difficult, seeing as O2 don't have a 3G network of their own...

Meteor piggyback on O2, where they don't have their own coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

I'm on 02 and have no problems with coverage. I'm down the front in the Wood near the dual carriage way.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Decks

im in the park and have no coverage using my O2 phone. sucks big time...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭dubgirl

no problems with Meteor in the Park

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 dublingirl

I had the same problems with O2 in the Park. Could get coverage outside but not inside. After doing extensive testing with them they finally let me out of my contract. If enough people complain they will have to do something as they told me they hadn't heard of anybody else with problems in the area. This was back in June. Went to Meteor but don't find it all that much better, it depends on the handset, plus got ripped off on roaming costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

Hi all,

Thanks for replies. I did contact 02 before about it and they said there was nothing they could do..more like they didnt want to make the effort I would imagine. I will call them later. Could even print off the replies on this page and maybe fax them to show Im not only one experiencing problems?? Surely they could strengthen signal transmitter? A friend with a meteor handset when visiting my house didnt seem to have any coverage problems so this would indicate thats its nothing to do with the houses as such but more so the signal being received?

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭birdwatcher

Lads (and Ladettes)

Coverage in the Court on the 02 network is brutal. They've just lost another two customers because of the signal. Myself and my bird switched over to Vodafone yesterday....and it's not a problem with the handsets either...believe me.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

what you could do is...
    get a coat hanger and some co-ax cable right... :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

testicle wrote:
    3 piggy back on Vodafone, not O2! It would be difficult, seeing as O2 don't have a 3G network of their own...

Meteor piggyback on O2, where they don't have their own coverage.

As testicle said, 3 are only an MVNO; they have no network of their own as far as I know. Meteor have a roaming agreement with 02 alright, but I think this only applies to specific areas in the West of Ireland, where they have no coverage at all. I don't think the roaming occurs where we are.

I switched to Vodafone after a few weeks of moving into the Grove, I just found 02's coverage too poor. My work phone is meteor, and sometimes the reception is a little flaky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Pasc

Hi Matt,

I have the coat hanger and some co-ax cable and still no signal from 02 !.:rolleyes:

I am at the back of the Park. The signal is fine if I want to stand outside all the time, so will also be looking to change networks.:(

Advertisement