Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vodafone Customers - Tip

• 03-10-2006 10:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭

Couldn't find a mobile phone forum so mods move this wherever you feel its suited.

A lot of you probably know this already but for those who don't a good tip for Vodafone users to spare credit or if you have no credit is to use the free voicemail. You can only use it with other vodafone/087 numbers. But basically you just type the number 5 in after 087 and you go direct to the person's voicemail. They receive this voicemail almost immediately via text notification & then they can send you back a voicemail. This isn't great for a two-way conversation but it does help cut down on using up credit. My daughter & her mates use it the whole time. Another tip is to save all your 087 contacts as second numbers /contacts with voicemail wrote after their name as its handier to send them a voicemail. Hope that makes sense but its saving me & my daughter & others a lot in credit.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

Thats cool you should put it in the freebie section in bargain alerts :D:D
    pity I am with 02:(

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Macker

Mobile forum here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=411
    you can also use that to listen to your voice mail but make sure to change your pin from the default 0000

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Couldn't find a mobile phone forum
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=411

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭brown*eyed*girl

Thanks spent ages looking for that forum. Can a mod move it or can I?

Macker will check out about the pin number & change it from the default. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

The notification text costs ten cent each time iirc

• Advertisement

seamus wrote:
    The notification text costs ten cent each time iirc

It doesn't cost us anything. My daughter & her mates have been using it for weeks now & she hasn't bought credit in ages. I've also sent lots over the last few days & no credit has been taken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

I do this too its v handy.
    also if a number rings you and you dont know who it is dial 087/086/085 followed by '5' and their number as it takes you to their voicemail and you can see if they have a personal greeting set up so you can see who it is.

its also handy if you need to ring someone and dont want to talk to them use this instead so you can leave a voicemail and say 'well i did try to ring you i left you a voice message'
    if you ring your own prefix. 5 and then your number from a landline or another phone and hit '#' it will ask you for your pin code and you can hear your messages. If you do it to someone else and they have no voice mal pin set up , putting in the numbers '0000' will let you listen to their messages and change their voicemail greeting....

I do this too its v handy.
    also if a number rings you and you dont know who it is dial 087/086/085 followed by '5' and their number as it takes you to their voicemail and you can see if they have a personal greeting set up so you can see who it is.

its also handy if you need to ring someone and dont want to talk to them use this instead so you can leave a voicemail and say 'well i did try to ring you i left you a voice message'
    if you ring your own prefix. 5 and then your number from a landline or another phone and hit '#' it will ask you for your pin code and you can hear your messages. If you do it to someone else and they have no voice mal pin set up , putting in the numbers '0000' will let you listen to their messages and change their voicemail greeting....

Thanks for those tips. Have changed my pin code as you'd never know who might listen to your messages not that they're top secret!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

my mates used to their bosses so as you say its safer to change it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

ziggy67 wrote:
    How do you actually change your pin?
    its one of the options when you dial 171 on your phone.

here's a better tip for vodafone customers: move to meteor and get your friends to do the same

meteor is cheaper in every single way than vodafone whether you're using that trick or not and the idea that they don't have coverage is a myth. they have just as good coverage as the other networks

and to people on all networks, get the program on this thread for your phone:
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054984709

it lets you access your free webtexts on the phone's internet connection and send your text through them. all you pay for is the tiny bit of text you send, someone between 0.25c and 2c depending on your network

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Moved from AH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

here's a better tip for vodafone customers: move to meteor and get your friends to do the same

Free texts for life! Woot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

ziggy67 wrote:
    How do you actually change your pin?

handy short codes

171 listen to your messages

172 change your greeting

173 Change your password

JohnnieM wrote:
    handy short codes

171 listen to your messages

172 change your greeting

173 Change your password

Cheers JohnnieM another great tip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

You learn something every day .... thanks a million Brown'y .... :)

Advertisement