Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UEFA Cup Draw

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

kinaldo wrote:
    You thought the Man Utd 5-0 one was hilarious too. It's not quite 10 years yet so I think you still need to be reminded - it stays.
    ok, no worries. I enjoyed the Keegan days (except when they beat Spurs).

ok, now I'm back on topic.....;)

I wonder who'll join the UEFA Cup from the Champions League groups....:eek:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

el diablo wrote:
    I wonder who'll join the UEFA Cup from the Champions League groups....:eek:

Current standings

From that, and judging on form/expected results:

Group A - Werder Bremen (possibly Barca, if they fail to beat Bremen at Nou Camp)

Group B - Sporting Lisbon (possibly Spartak Moscow, if they beat Sporting in Lisbon)

Group C - Bordeaux (definitely)

Group D - Shaktar Donetsk (but could be Roma if Shaktar win and Roma lose to Valencia, or Olympiacos if they beat Shaktar)

Group E - Steaua Bucuresti

Group F - Benfica (possibly ManYoo if they lose at home to Benfica, Copenhagen cannot catch Benfica by viryue of their head to head)

Group G - Horrible one to call...if Porto beat Goons in Portugal and Moscow beat Hamburg as expected, Goons finish 3rd...:eek: I'll go out on a limb and say it will be Porto in 3rd place though, failing to win against the Goons.

Group H - Definitely not Milan anyway! Anderlecht could finish 3rd if they beat 2nd place AEK and Lille lose to Milan, but more likely to be one of AEK/Lille.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

Current standings

From that, and judging on form/expected results:

Group A - Werder Bremen (possibly Barca, if they fail to beat Bremen at Nou Camp)

Group B - Sporting Lisbon (possibly Spartak Moscow, if they beat Sporting in Lisbon)

Group C - Bordeaux (definitely)

Group D - Shaktar Donetsk (but could be Roma if Shaktar win and Roma lose to Valencia, or Olympiacos if they beat Shaktar)

Group E - Steaua Bucuresti

Group F - Benfica (possibly ManYoo if they lose at home to Benfica, Copenhagen cannot catch Benfica by viryue of their head to head)

Group G - Horrible one to call...if Porto beat Goons in Portugal and Moscow beat Hamburg as expected, Goons finish 3rd...:eek: I'll go out on a limb and say it will be Porto in 3rd place though, failing to win against the Goons.

Group H - Definitely not Milan anyway! Anderlecht could finish 3rd if they beat 2nd place AEK and Lille lose to Milan, but more likely to be one of AEK/Lille.

thanks for that. you've saved me some time..

there's a few big teams in there. it's going to be tough....:rolleyes:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

of the teams 'expeceted' to drop, i wouldnt be afraid of any of them.

the only teams i would be afraid of are utd, arsenal, or barca.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

of the teams 'expeceted' to drop, i wouldnt be afraid of any of them.

the only teams i would be afraid of are utd, arsenal, or barca.

Werder are also a good team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

they may be, but i wouldnt be afraid of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Dropouts confirmed:

Bremen
    Spartak Moscow
    Bordeaux
    Shaktar Donetsk
    Steuea Bucaresti
    Benfica
    CSKA Moscow
    AEK Athens

Bremen the "dangerous" side of those 8, but a couple of inhospitable places to visit in a cold February.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

The Russian teams are never easy on home soil .... but all in all it could have been alot worse, and aslong as we finish top of our group then we won't have to play them yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

Robxxx7 wrote:
    The Russian teams are never easy on home soil .... but all in all it could have been alot worse, and aslong as we finish top of our group then we won't have to play them yet

Agreed :)

Advertisement