Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Uefa Cup Draw.

• 03-10-2006 11:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭

Hmm pretty tough Draw for Spurs and Newcastle. Rangers and Blackburn will fancy their chances though. Also potential for violence with both Spurs and Newcastle facing ties against Turkish teams.

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/5399702.stm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Some really good games there, especially with tottenhan.

I think the Uefa cup is starting to improve a good bit, really seems like the teams in it are taking it very serious & of good quality and the media coerage has improved a bit too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I thought it was a pretty poor competition last year but it has been otherwise very strong since the millenium. It'll only be stronger with the Champions league dropouts like Ajax in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Duras

Looks like it will be some real competition in Group B and Group H.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

I'd have loved Group F (Ajax, Sparta and Espanyol, at least one great away trip)

Anyway, reasonably happy with our lot. Away to Besiktas to start the ball rolling is tough, but Bruges at home followed by Leverkusen away are doable. Last game at home to Bucharest is tough, they're a good side with a great league record this season.

That said, I reckon two home wins plus at least a point on the road will do us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

GROUP E
    Feyenoord
    Basle
    Wisla Krakow
    BLACKBURN
    Nancy

A pretty tough group for Blackburn. Basle and Feyenoord ae both very good teams.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Lemlin wrote:
    GROUP E
    Feyenoord
    Basle
    Wisla Krakow
    BLACKBURN
    Nancy

A pretty tough group for Blackburn. Basle and Feyenoord ae both very good teams.
    Still, you wouldn't swap it for Newcastle's group!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

aye we have a hard group, thank god we have fenerbache at home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Newcastle got a rotten draw. Away games in Germany and Italy are never easy. Having said that we do have a good record against these sort of teams. In recent seasons we've thrashed Spanish, German, Dutch and Greek opposition. At least we didn't get a French team, I dont' think we've won agaisnt French opposition since Metz 10 years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Lemlin wrote:
    GROUP E
    Feyenoord
    Basle
    Wisla Krakow
    BLACKBURN
    Nancy

Basel at home shouldn't be the toughest of games. :) If you ask me you got the easiest Pot 2 team. I'd be much more worried about Krakow away.

Advertisement