Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banking Issue - Laser transaction

Options
  • 03-10-2006 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

My sister noticed over the weekend that over €1000 had been taken from her account in Laser transactions. She has been on to AIB about it and they are investigating the situation. The transactions took place on Thursday and Friday and were in different places.
    She has cancelled her card also. Im just wondering what the banks position is on this? Do they refund her the money?

Comments

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Not to be facile or anything but why not ask the Bank?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Maximilian wrote:
    Not to be facile or anything but why not ask the Bank?
    Some people like to have information from independent 3rd parties or perhaps people who have had a similar experience before taking the word of an organisation that is widely though to be a bunch of theiving, lying b@stards.

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

As MrP said. She is on to the Bank and they are dragging their heals in getting back to her. I mean they didnt even cancel her card when she reported it.

Just wanted advice and opinions from people who might have gone through something similar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

from what i understand,
    laser isnt protected like visa so she could be liable -
    however, if it happened via a tampered machine, they may pay up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Going by what the bank said on Tuesday, they have proved that all transactions were made in the UK. She can prove that she was in Ireland all the times that the transactions were made so hopefully something good will come out of it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement