Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf Society

Options
  • 03-10-2006 2:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi,

Does anyone know of any golf societies around the Greystones/Kilcoole area that allow women play ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭gstonesmx5

not that i know yet but i was thinking of setting one up for all residents.
    i will try and see if enough people would be interested for it to be worth while. you can contact me on this thread until i start a dedicated one.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Mr Posh

I would be up for that!!!!

let me know if you organize anything.

Cheers

Posh

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭LMC

Gstonesmx5, that sounds like a great idea. Count me in :) PS do we have to be little tiger woods or can anyone play???

good to see a response so soon. keep eyes open for news.
    all skill levels would be catered for, from pro to not so pro.
    people would need own clubs, shoes etc and course rules would need to be kept to.

keep fingers crossed it will be a runner.

It would be good to get an idea of people’s handicaps;

I play off about 19 but have been playing pretty badly of late.

do they do green fees at Delaney golf club?

Posh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Snowy2

Here is a couple of green fee prices for some local courses;

Bray - Mon-Fri €50, Early Bird €35 (b4 10am)
    Djouce - Mon-Fri €20, Weekend €25
    Glen of the Downs - Mon-Fri €50, Weekend €65
    Greystones - Mon-Thur €45, Fri/Sat/Sun €50, Early Bird €35 (b4 9.30am)
    Kilcoole - Mon-Fri €25, Weekend €40

I play off 9 and would love to see a society up and running. Even if we only started with a small group im sure the number would grow quickly. I've worked on my own GC committee as handicap sec. and have worked with a few societies too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 GreenEyes

Hi there,

We are new to the Grove & would be interested in playing some golf.

My husband loves his golf but hasn't managed to get out for a game since we moved to Greystones, he would definitely be up for it. Not sure what his handicap is?

For any female interest, I have played a bit and would be up for a game!

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭birdwatcher

Lads,
    Sounds like a GREAT idea!
    Unfortunately, my handicap is, well, the way I play golf. I'd be more of a "hooked it into the" Woods as opposed to Tiger Woods.
    Have clubs.....will travel!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Unfortunately, my handicap is, well, the way I play golf. I'd be more of a "hooked it into the" Woods as opposed to Tiger Woods.

At least you can hit it as far as the woods. I'd be quicker putting it along with a snooker cue up the fairway :(

I played Charlesland on Friday and they have a deal, half price 25 Euro which included food after, think they do it quite regularly.

Great value if anyone is interested.

Cheers

Posh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 ms1972

Is this potential society open to residents only. I live in SW Dublin next to the M50 and would welcome travelling down to future events as and when they happen.

Playing off about 21 at present... Always gagging for a game come the weekends!!!

Have you any ideas of when this could get going?

m.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Snowy2

ms1972 wrote:
    Is this potential society open to residents only. I live in SW Dublin next to the M50 and would welcome travelling down to future events as and when they happen.

Playing off about 21 at present... Always gagging for a game come the weekends!!!

Have you any ideas of when this could get going?

m.
    Dont think it would be restricted to residents only. What does anyone else think ?

Hopefully it will be up and running soon. Sure if we only started with a few we could always build on numbers. So if anyone is interested in getting a society started drop me a message and we can try and get some definite names and numbers and then try and sort a few courses.

hay all
    i have been busy with work and have not had much time to get this society off the ground. so my sugestion wound be if this thread is kept going and names are added to it on an ongoing basis. we could simply say that every third weekend of the month we will try for an outing and when numbers are fixed get a venue. this would have to be the responsibility of all members to keep going and one person could then book the venue closer to the date. it would be open to all and not just charlesland residents so we could get numbers together. it would be simple for me to keep e-mails and send mails to members when decisions have been finalised. own handicaps could be used and those without could get a 36 for male or female.
    this is just a thought and is open to improvment.

Sounds like a plan,

I’ll be happy to help organize if you want to take the lead gstonesmx5?

We can start with Charlesland Golf club and then go from there.

Dying for a hit!!!!!!!! The driving range is a bit poor these days 10 quid for a bucket of balls and only a few markers to aim for , they could at least but some fake greens out there!!!

Mr P

right so any one interested send me a pm with your email only.
    i dont want phone numbers. if they are required at a later date we can discuss that.

later on i will get details like h-cap and club if relivent but lets keep it simple for the min.
    i will post agin on thursday hopfully and let you all know the figures but it might be tuesday if i get tied up.

start sending now all welcome. no time wasters please this is volentary.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MBC

I am Interested (have send a pm) live in Dun Laoghaire, dont have a handicap but have the equipment and willing to travel.

Also I have 2/3 friends that may be interested also.

Advertisement