Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Shindig

Options
  • 03-10-2006 2:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭

Hello All,

I post mainly over on CSTS and I've been getting pretty jealous of all the shindigs the UK Browncoats have. So I'm trying to organise one over here.

There are a few of us meeting in The Long Stone Pub on Sat 21st October at about 6.30.

Please come and join us if your interested.

I'll be wearing my Mal T-shirt and I'm gonna put my Jayne hat on the table so people can find us.

Almar

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

OK sounds like a plan.
    Guess I'll potter along.......

....were you at Cubed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭Almarsáre

Yep I was. Brilliant weekend. Can't wait for Serenity 4. March is too far away.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

I was infact thinking about doing something like this as well. My idea was renting out the sugger club on a weeknight and watching Serenity on the Big screen they have. Theres also drink ;) I was gonna try do it for the release date of the move last year (but only now) But I have been to busy in work to sort it out.
    could always do it for the DVD release date I guess :D

Thats a really cool idea. Hopefully if this goes well and we know we will get the numbers we can arrange something like that.

Just a reminder that the Shindig is this Saturday. Looking forward to meeting you all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

if only it wasnt in a pub..im only 14........i would go to a serenity screening though..........OH maybe we could do a marthaton viewing,of the whole 'saga' to raise money for the main save firefly campain!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭robnubis

Ehh firefly will never return as a series, Whedon wont work with Fox again, and they own the rights to the show...but Whedon owns the characters, story etc. thus the Serenity film.

maybe fox will sell it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭thumbninja

How'd the meet go? Did it happen? Did you misbehave?

has firefly a big following here?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭elven

Any more thoughts on a big screen screening at the sugar club? I would REALLY be up for that, film or series. Never got to see the film in the cinema first time around, bah.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Ooh I'd be up for the Sugar Club screening, I'm sure I could wrangle ID somehow :)

sounds good....if i can get a peep to go with me.

The shindig was great fun. Lots of laughs and I'm really looking forward to the next one. There were 10 people in the end which wasn't bad for our first meeting and all extremely nice.

The next one will be on Saturday 25th November at the Long Stone Pub again at 6.30 if anyone wants to join us.

maybe in 4 years...when im 18

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I may go along, if I don't get turned away at the door, but it's early so I should get in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

The shindig was great fun. Lots of laughs and I'm really looking forward to the next one. There were 10 people in the end which wasn't bad for our first meeting and all extremely nice.

The next one will be on Saturday 25th November at the Long Stone Pub again at 6.30 if anyone wants to join us.

where is the long stone?

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Fence

On Townsend St., which is round the corner from Hawkins Street:
    http://www.thelongstone.com/location.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

where is the long stone?

It's right beside Screen cinema if you get lost. Look out from the window behind the bar on the top floor of Doyles and you can't miss it either.

I'll be along to the next meet if you're having it, longstones and me go way back, had the first ever SA goon meet in there too. Anyone mind popping me an email in the week running up to it just in case I forget cause otherwise I totally will. myotheremailaccountisnt@gmail.com cheers! :D

Will do, no problem

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Fence

Ah, just realised that this is the weekend I'll be in Sligo (we get off for Thanksgiving so I'm having a long weekend).

Have a good time

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭thumbninja

Gorram it. the night of the comic con.. dang and blast. no can do.

Hope it goes well - Least you know there'll be a fan base in town that day :rolleyes:

Just a reminder all, that it is this coming Saturday. Hope to see some of you there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 ICallHerVera

Gorram, I would love to go, but unfortunately I have to work. I work most Saturday nights. I have been very slow at checking in on other boards and I missed a notice about this. Have a great time and I'll be thinking of you all. I swear I will try to make it the next time!!!

Hope you all had a great time last night at the shindig. I swear I will make it the next time (fingers crossed) I would definitely be up for the Serenity screening. It's a pity that there are no boutique cinemas in Dublin. The Sugar Club is a good venu, but I reckon a significant percentage of the fans are under 18. Shall get my thinking cap on...I could definitely rustle up 20 + people, as long as it's NOT a Saturday....

Sorry you couldn't make it.

I'm afraid the next one is going to be a Saturday as well. The 13th January.

Folks are busy in December.

There are also some talks of ice skating before hand, but I'll let you all know more definate details when I have them.

Thanks for the info!! I can definitely organise the night off with that kind of advance warning. Ice skating? Not my thing, I have no sense of balance due to several accidents involving head injuries ...I am so clumsy! Hope to see you all there..

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Altoid

Brown Coats on ice? - Could be fun - when?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

Was sick for this I'm afraid, see you all in January ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Xmorpheus

Hi - just wanderin' on through - there is a private cinema in Dublin you can hire.

I would definitely be up for seeing Serenity on the big screen - I'm one of these people that got the movie on DVD, said "WOW" then had to get Firefly and am now cursing that I never saw Serenity on the big screen so I'm definitely up for it!

• Advertisement

Thanks for the info, but it is only a 30 seater cinema. I could probably fill it on my own!! We should definitely start a poll and figure out how many people would actually be up for a screening...I'm there, no matter what!!

Advertisement