Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dump valves

Options
  • 03-10-2006 3:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

Anyone got experience in buying and fitting a forge 007 dump valve? Where did u get it and how much was it? My car is revo'd and is still running on the stock dv, need to upgrade.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Neilw

I fitted a forge 007p to my cupra when I got it, straight forward to fit just make sure you get some new hose clamps (jubalee sp clips) as the original hose clips cannot be reused.
    Its not actually a dump valve as it does not vent to atmosphere, it recirculates the air back into the intake. It only makes a very slight noise, more noticable if you have an induction kit fitted.
    I got mine from bigboystoys in the uk, forge motorsport sell them aswell. Think it cost about 100stg.

What do you drive?

Neil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 noellyk

Got a leon cupra R Neil, bought it with revo stage 1 already on it, getting a squealing noise coming from it now under acceleration, reckon the original dv is nackered, have been told i need to replace it and that a forge 007 would be ideal, why did u change ur original dv Neil?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Neilw

I changed the dv because I plan on getting the car remapped at some stage and the originals give trouble.

Neil.

Advertisement