Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunbeams and Chocolate - 50% Discount for boards.ie!

Options
  • 03-10-2006 4:37pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Below is details of an original comedy which is being performed tomorrow in Andrew's Lane Theatre in aid of the Children's Sunshine Home. Now I wouldn't normally do this but I've been working up in the Children's Sunshine Home for the last month or so and they really are a good cause to support.
    "Sunbeams and Chocolate" is an original comedy, with songs, written by the Alinap group.

See the world through the eyes of Sebastian Melforth, an aged star of stage and screen who whiles away his days in a rest home. He is cared for by the enigmatic nurse, Ariel, who seems to know a lot more about her patient than he knows about himself. The show also features such colourful characters as:
    Legendary radio broadcaster Lexington Welles- witness his ludicrous radio production of The War of the Worlds.
    The Masked Cobra - a "remarkably evil" villain who chillingly puts 3 spoonfuls of sugar in his tea.
    Jerry Dinger - American talk show host (no relation to Jerry Springer, or is he?).
    O'Flaherty and O'Foghlu - pub philosophers from the unpronounceable village of Ballinsloughingach.
    Majesto the useless magician - he can make an elephant appear from your ear, or can he?
    All in all, the show features over 50 different characters. It is fun and it is funny and it is also suitable for children aged 12 or over.

On Wednesday October 4th, Sunbeams and Chocolate will be performed free at Andrews Lane Theatre, all proceeds going to The Children's Sunshine Home.

The Children's Sunshine Home provides home-support, respite and residential services, to children and families of children, with life-limiting and life-threatening conditions. The Children's Sunshine Home is not a sad place, it is a place for living. It is a place of fun and laughter, enjoyment, love and support.

By establishing Ireland's First Children's Hospice we can help alleviate some of the pain and suffering for Irish families. While we cannot change a child's diagnosis but we can change the quality of a child's life and their families.

Have a great night out and help The Children's Sunshine Home.
    Tickets €20 each. Call Joanna at 01-2893151 to get your tickets now!

I've also got permission that if you ring and mention that you saw this on boards.ie then I will give you a 50% discount.

Advertisement