Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pass by Compensation...

• 03-10-2006 4:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭

A lectururer told us that the pass by compensation rule has now been done away with. Instead now though, those repeating can get a first in the repeats or a 2.1 or what not instead of receiving a pass no matter what mark they get in the repeats as it was last year.
    Is this a university wide new rule or has it only been introduced in to Engineering faculty?

Also does it not seem completely unfair to those who pass the exams the first time round. I worked for a first last year and I don't want someone else putting down that they got a first on their CV when they got it in the repeats. Will they be noting on the results that the result obtained was a first in the Autumn Repeats? An awful scenario would be to get a pass or a 2.2 in the summer exams but someone else failing a good couple ending up with a first in the repeats. Their degreee then looks better as they have a first even though the other person passed all theirs first time round. Perhaps playing hte system would be to only sit the exams you would do well in in Summer and then ace the rest of them in Autumn. You could easily get close to 90% average I think that way.

Comments

Advertisement