Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roadworks on the Ring-Road

Options
  • 03-10-2006 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭

There is more work on the ring-road (resurfacing I reckon) between the Bennetsbridge and Waterford rd roundabouts, causing a good bit of disruption.
    Is it just me or has the Ring-road become really congested in recent years the design is so bad now, nothing but crappy roundabouts. I often go through town instead of using it at rush hour sometimes and find it quicker generally- depends on where you're heading to I guess.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

The ring road is mental in the morning. I always go through town in the morning. High st is empty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

The result is that the rat runs in the city are getting all the traffic. The one from Hotel Kilkenny down by the cop shop has gotton so busy in the last few weeks. Pretty hairy stuff at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Bond-007 wrote:
    The result is that the rat runs in the city are getting all the traffic. The one from Hotel Kilkenny down by the cop shop has gotton so busy in the last few weeks. Pretty hairy stuff at times.

Yeah but thats different to the ring-road works Bond, unfortunately. It's just sheer volume on that road- they need to extend the ring road from Callan road to connect with the 'Comer and Freshford roads otherwise people have little choice but to use the road by the Garda station. They're talking bout planning for this but don't hold your breath!!( Took over twenty years for the next phase from the Carlow road to start- and it's still only half built!!).

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

They're only after starting to build the slip roads down from the Ballyfoyle Rd (which will become a flyover) to the ring road the other week. They still have to actually either (1) demolish the stretch of the Ballyfoyle Rd going across the new ring road and build a bridge, or (2) tunnel under it at great expense. I can't see this being finished for a long time yet judging by the rate of progress they're making at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Stephen wrote:
    They're only after starting to build the slip roads down from the Ballyfoyle Rd (which will become a flyover) to the ring road the other week. They still have to actually either (1) demolish the stretch of the Ballyfoyle Rd going across the new ring road and build a bridge, or (2) tunnel under it at great expense. I can't see this being finished for a long time yet judging by the rate of progress they're making at the moment.

Me neither. Got the train to dublin a while back and they haven't even started realigning the rail-line as planned at that end:rolleyes: , so I sincerely doubt it will be open by May 2007, espec heading into the winter when I would imagine they will make even less progress.

• Advertisement
Advertisement