Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pen Drive

Options
  • 03-10-2006 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭

Need to buy a usb pen drive for college i know theres loads out there but im looking for one with a uniqe design. I like the swiss army ones bu they're a bit expensive for the higher capacity ones.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

I don't know. I have a PNY one, am happy with it. It's been through the wash 3 times and still works.

I also quite like the style. The one I have is now big for a 1GB one though.

I'd choose quality over looks to be honest especially with something like a pen drive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Theres a few different ones here, I have not dealt with the company though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

hey im also looking to buy a USB key/fob/pen what ever ya wana call them.
    Lost mine somewhere, so annoying. Wouldnt mind ive ben very fluky with it in past. it went through washing machine and dryer before with my final year project on it. nearly died!! it did smell lovely after tho!! hehe
    Newaya anyone know where i can pick up one reasonably cheap?? im still hoping the other one will turn up so dont want an expensive one now! looking probably for a 1gb
    cheers

If you are just looking for a basic one with nothing special on it, try 7dayshop.com, they have this one for £12.99. 1gb for a decent enough price.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Cal

Ruu wrote:
    If you are just looking for a basic one with nothing special on it, try 7dayshop.com, they have this one for £12.99. 1gb for a decent enough price.

I can tell you that that drive is a very compact and perfect for a keyring. I have 2 of them.

Cal.

• Advertisement

Cheers for that guys

Have ye ordered from them before? Saw this on their P&P page...

"If the delivery address for your order is in the United Kingdom, all prices shown are FULLY INCLUSIVE of UK VAT where applicable and all goods are in FREE CIRCULATION within the EU. No further duties or taxes are payable upon receipt of your order - we pay these for you.

For all deliveries which are made outside of the UK, you may be asked to pay Sales Tax at the correct rate for your delivery country. This may be charged on top of the price paid to us, and is collected by your Post Office when your goods are delivered."

i know you safe if items under £18 like the USB key but if this is true..."All our delivery charges are based on your entire order and are not per each individual parcel."..then mite get another few thingys while im at it

Also how much was delivery if ye did? Normal dispatch is £3.95 but that seems bit too good to be true or does it?

They are a very good company and I have never had issues about their no VAT for items under £18 (I think). It was great in their earlier days before any VAT was charged. I got a £300 camera VAT free back then. Pity they have stopped selling the cameras.:(

Plus their postage is very reasonable too.

Cal.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,949 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

If you want something unique get a fingerprint one!

Linky
    Mik

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭eirlink

mik_da_man wrote:
    If you want something unique get a fingerprint one!

Linky
    Mik

If that finger reader gets fussy you`ll have to call tom cruise to crack it open. Get an ordinary one and put password protection on it instead..cheaper too.

Even better get a U3 enabled drive and have drive security, web browser, email, antivirus, etc. in your pocket.

Cal.

• Advertisement

play.com have a few U3 memory sticks...all at very good prices

their also getting in the sony micro vault with virtual expander...anyone know anymore about this?? it says that you can store 3 times the amount of data i.e 1Gb can store 3Gb

i cant decide now whether to get a U3 or put the money into the sony one. any suggestions?

fifib wrote:
    play.com have a few U3 memory sticks...all at very good prices

their also getting in the sony micro vault with virtual expander...anyone know anymore about this?? it says that you can store 3 times the amount of data i.e 1Gb can store 3Gb

i cant decide now whether to get a U3 or put the money into the sony one. any suggestions?

You won't get that delivered to Ireland afaik, Play will only ship electronics to the UK, correct me if I'm wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

I have the new 2Gb freecom credit card pen drive... its friggin brilliant... it is actually as skinny as a credit card.... unreal. didint cost much either....

heres a link to one... €86 aint bad really.
    http://www.expansys.ie/p.aspx?i=135698

the 1GB one is only €30... that seems extremely cheap

Ruu wrote:
    You won't get that delivered to Ireland afaik, Play will only ship electronics to the UK, correct me if I'm wrong.

yea i saw that on the site, but i read it as being anything from the electronics section...like tv, mp3/ipod, flash memory, dvd and digital cameras. the memory sticks are in the pc section. i duno

Can anyone shed some light on this??

Advertisement