Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

ouch

Options
  • 03-10-2006 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭

I forgot about these photos, going through my hard disc and found them... seems the beemer driver ran up the lovely Alfas wheel.... bummer. Happened last year in Clontarf on Dublins Northside.

back.jpg

front.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Impressive!

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Pigeon Reaper

I know the road well. It's narrow so two cars can't pass each other but parking is still allowed. Some people speed along it and don't yield to allow oncoming traffic right of way. Looks like this person swerved to avoid something oncoming and hit the parked cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

There you are ...proud owner of the last Alfasud that hasn't been reduced to rusty crumbs ...and then some idiot lets their Beemer hump it :D

Impressive accident though and surprisingly little first glance damage ...even the Beemers front lights seem to be still alright.

Try and repeat that !

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

what a crime....one of the most hideous BMW's ever made ruins one of the most beautiful Alfas ever made

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

An Almera got damagd as well, so it's not all bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭VeVeX

Lex Luthor wrote:
    what a crime....one of the most hideous BMW's ever made ruins one of the most beautiful Alfas ever made

I fail to see how that alfa and beautiful can be mentioned in the same sentance.

If ever there was an alfa that was a glorified Fiat thats the one.

ritmo.jpg.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭kdevitt

Lex Luthor wrote:

Think a beautiful BMW did a nasty Alfa a favour :D

Edit: just to point out that I'm messing, before the Alfa gang pipe up! Although I do disagree with the hideous BMW remark

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭tc20

one for the "how in the name of jaysus did he do that?" book.

anyone know what year that reg is? the alfa looks, sorry looked in pretty decent nick

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Beauty in the eye of the beholder...I have an E39 also and just think the E36 was the ugliest 3 series ever made...even uglier than the current 3 series and thats hard to beat

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Given that the C pillar on the alfa is possibly damaged, I wonder would the car be an insurance write off?

• Advertisement

kbannon wrote:
    Given that the C pillar on the alfa is possibly damaged, I wonder would the car be an insurance write off?

........... Hopefully :P

• Registered Users Posts: 65,401 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Pity if the Alfa is a write-off. I've always loved them :(

Is it a 1.5 TI QV?

Just a thought if it is. A similar year similar performance E30 316 cost about 10% more back then (early 80s). Am I alone in thinking that the quality gap between modern equivalents of these cars has narrowed but the price difference has increased?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,240 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

unkel wrote:
    Pity if the Alfa is a write-off. I've always loved them :(

Is it a 1.5 TI QV?

Just a thought if it is. A similar year similar performance E30 316 cost about 10% more back then (early 80s). Am I alone in thinking that the quality gap between modern equivalents of these cars has narrowed but the price difference has increased?

Slightly OT but I read an article somewhere before (don't have the link) that the E46 3 Series cost BMW around the same as a Ford Mondeo to produce.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

poor bimmer guys,he is screwed with a higher insurance renewal:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

That's a crying shame. Someone obviously took great care of that Alfa, only to see it written off like that (front wing, c pillar, probably back wing, front axle..)

It almost looks like a still from Knight Rider or The A-Team!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

VeVeX wrote:
    If ever there was an alfa that was a glorified Fiat thats the one.

The only two things that alfa has in common with a fiat of the same era are the fact that they were both made in italy and both prone to rust. The first 'Fiat' Alfas were the 164 (based on the Fiat Croma / Lancia Thema / Saab 9000 chassis) and 155 (based on the tipo/tempra chassis).

alias no.9 wrote:
    The only two things that alfa has in common with a fiat of the same era are the fact that they were both made in italy and both prone to rust. The first 'Fiat' Alfas were the 164 (based on the Fiat Croma / Lancia Thema / Saab 9000 chassis) and 155 (based on the tipo/tempra chassis).

ritmo.jpg

back.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭\m/_(>_<)_\m/

Lex Luthor wrote:

they were a nice alfa alright

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Squiggles - old age must be softening you up...
    ...you complimented something instead of knocking it!!!

Sorry; couldn't resist!

Advertisement