Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can't Change Internet Explorer HomePage

• 03-10-2006 6:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭

I am using windows XP Home and reinstalled windows on the C: after i formatted it. The problem is now it keeps defaulting the homepage and i can not for the life of me save it.

I have deleted all the files that are linked to the home page. I have checked add/remove programs and can not find anything in there that might be causing it. I have uninstalled IE and Reinstalled it, but still have the same problem. I downloaded Firefox and can change the homepage on that no problems. I have ran MSCONFIG and cannot see the item in the startup items or services. I have also ran anti-virus scann using AVG and ran Ad-Aware just to be sure.

I have searched on the internet and tried a few things but nothing has worked so far.

Help:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Out of curiosity, what does the homepage default to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

If its spyware, it could be hijacking the homepage. You can change it if you have Lavasoft Ad-Aware. Open the Configuartion Window->Defaults->Read current settings from system and then change default homepage to the one you wish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭BreadBoard

Sorry for the obvious reply, but - Tools >> Internet Options >> Home Page?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

CW Shredder is your friend.
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4086.html
    Download, close all IE windows and run it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Little-Devil

BreadBord, thanks for the reply and yes i have tried that :p

Thanks for the replys. I got the problem fixed thanks to a friend. It was a case of updating zonealarm. Once you reinstall windows and then install zonealarm it locks down your current homepage its set to.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭BreadBoard

;)

Gald you got it sorted !

Advertisement