Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bf2142 Collectors edition €50

Options
  • 03-10-2006 6:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

http://account.ea.com/commerce/product-info.jsp?ipath=15&sls=2&site=eaco&prodid=BF2142&skin=bf2142&app=commerce&xcountry=IE&locale=en_GB&curr=EUR

EUROPE ONLY. (Includes VAT)
    Prices vary by region. Select your region above first for applicable price.
    Features
    The Collector’s Edition contains:

* Battlefield 2142 -- The sequel to the award-winning Battlefield 2, Battlefield 2142 takes the battle into the future. Get the game delivered direct to your desktop, the second it’s available.
    * 24 Hour Exclusive Demo Access -- Play the demo 24 hours before the worldwide public release and get the drop on your enemies in the highly-anticipated demo.
    * Battlefield 2142 - The Soundtrack -- The complete soundtrack, featuring 14 all-new tracks, not available anywhere else!
    * "The Making of Battlefield 2142" -- An all-new exclusive behind-the-scenes look at the making of Battlefield 2142.

The following are minimum requirements for downloading the product:

* Windows XP
    * 1.7 GHz Intel Celeron D/Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon XP/Sempron Processor
    * 4 GB free hard drive space (5 GB hard drive space recommended)
    * DirectX 9.0c compatible video card (128 MB memory and NVIDIA GeForce FX 5700 or ATI Radeon 8500 chip set)
    * DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card
    * Broadband connection (cable, DSL, or faster)

Only available tru the downloader, i prefer a box tbh. At least if its **** it still has new game smell :)

kdjac

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

I kinda prefer having the actual box as well.

Maybe both?

or maybe neither, I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

much prefer a box. i like watching making of stuff whilst lounging in front of my tv, rather then at the pc...

as for the min spec, kind of vague there, aren't they? that's never a good sign (i'm assuming DICE optimised this about as well as bf2... i.e. not very well at all)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

I also prefer the box, dont think I'll bother with the special edition though.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I'll get the box, so I don't have to download it when some patch makes it go tits up.
    KdjaCL wrote:

* Windows XP
    * DirectX 9.0c compatible video card (128 MB memory and NVIDIA GeForce FX 5700 or ATI Radeon 8500 chip set)
    Have the above. It'll be a first:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

the minimum of the minimum for me :/ but I dont mind, it'll be fine. Least it might rekindel my liking for mass killing online.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

Pah wont be buying it at all. Can anyone who has been playing the beta confirm if its improved at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭hairball

you shouldn't have to wait much longer for the demo, and you can see for yourself:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Dreamcrusher

EDIT:

* "The Making of Battlefield 2142" -- An all-new exclusive behind-the-scenes look at the making of Battlefield 2142. Including a behind the scenes look from DICE's trip to St. Michaels house where they found thier lead programmer drooling uncontrollably and smacking his head off a wall.

Fixed

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭hairball

EDIT:

* "The Making of Battlefield 2142" -- An all-new exclusive behind-the-scenes look at the making of Battlefield 2142. Including a behind the scenes look from DICE's trip to St. Michaels house where they found thier lead programmer drooling uncontrollably and smacking his head off a wall.

Fixed

sounds about right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

Boxed version for me, nothing like peeling the plastic off a new game.

Does anyone know where would be the best place to preorder it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Pah wont be buying it at all.

I hear that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

KdjaCL wrote:

* Windows XP

Looking surprisingly similar to the BF2 minimum spec' back in the day.

Radeon 8500, eh? Guess I'll have try and see (again) if I can run the demo on the auld Dell D600 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Pah wont be buying it at all. Can anyone who has been playing the beta confirm if its improved at all?
    The beta hasn't come out yet. It'll cost us €50 when it does, tho...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Collectors Edition's need tshirts tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

2142 for like 10 or 15 yoyou.

When that happens let me let me know I might buy it then.

Advertisement