Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Infuriating Iqon

• 03-10-2006 6:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I have and Iqon Laptop in for repair and am having terrible problems finding drivers for it. The model no on the bottom it 8575 and I have no information other than that. Basically it came in to me bluescreening on startup so I decided to reinstall XP. That all went grand except for the usual few drivers that couldn't be found. It the same problem always with Iqons. :mad: Their support page just links to the "real" manufacturers website so you're expected to trawl those sites looking for the correct chipset. Not usually a problem if it's a PC because you can just whip the side off and look at the brand of the motherboard. Now i'm not really in the mood to go opening up a laptop just to find out who really made it. So does anyone have any idea what brand board might be in this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

markdunne wrote:
    Hi all, I have and Iqon Laptop in for repair and am having terrible problems finding drivers for it. The model no on the bottom it 8575 and I have no information other than that. Basically it came in to me bluescreening on startup so I decided to reinstall XP. That all went grand except for the usual few drivers that couldn't be found. It the same problem always with Iqons. :mad: Their support page just links to the "real" manufacturers website so you're expected to trawl those sites looking for the correct chipset. Not usually a problem if it's a PC because you can just whip the side off and look at the brand of the motherboard. Now i'm not really in the mood to go opening up a laptop just to find out who really made it. So does anyone have any idea what brand board might be in this?

Download cpu-z and it will give you some info on the system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭arseagon

tom dunne wrote:
    Download cpu-z and it will give you some info on the system.
    Cheers for that tom. Chipset = SIS 650 :) that's a great little prog, If only i'd known of it sooner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

*bows*

ahahahaha Got the graphics driver working fine. Now I can't find out what the sound card is. I'm cracking up... next time someone asks me to fix an iqon I might punch tham in the face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Iqon...shudder.

Rarely has a name been so instantly and widespread associated with rubbish, alongside Q-Tec...

• Advertisement

HavoK wrote:
    Iqon...shudder.

Rarely has a name been so instantly and widespread associated with rubbish, alongside Q-Tec...
    Glad to hear there are others that share my hatred of the brand. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭blooeyes

Yes I dont have good things to say about Iqon either, bought a Desktop 1 1/2 yrs ago and have had nothing but problems with it. I still have another 1 !/2 yrs on the warrenty but try get them to take it away, they always insist on doing a restore bfore they will touch it, so if u havnt managed to back up b4 it crashes u loose everything. Since i last rang them ( july) i have restored it myself atleast 6 times and it still crap!!! so will ring them again this weekend and refuse to do a restore and insist they take it away and fix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭niallb

Sorry to bring this thread back up, but I just got one in myself,
    and it drove me nuts too.

For the record, it seems to be a Mitac 8575, and I found the drivers here
    drivers.getac.com/Commercial(PBU)/8575/Driver

If you ever see it again, it might help!
    NiallB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

like niallb said, once you crack it down and find out what motherboard is being used its handy enough to get drivers.

iQon laptops are a disaster, but I have found some the their desktops to be decent enough.

Advertisement