Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD Superleague 2006/07

Options
  • 03-10-2006 6:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hey folks,

anyopne on here playing for a team in the ol superleague... if so what team and how ya doing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

I'm coming back from a small injury, so missed the first game, but Im gonna be playing for Ruck Fangers on the saturday mornings. I believe we won our first game 6-0 against some fresher team, they got a bit nasty towards the end though.

There are more teams this year arent there?? So more midweek matches, yay!

Anyway, hope to see some boardsies out there, ill be the guy on the left, tripping over my feet :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 theanswer001

ah good to hear... im playing for Vasco de Llama this year, made up of 1st and 2nd years. We had a solid 3-1 win in the Sunday Prem. Lots of teams this year and its a good reason to drink on sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

ah good to hear... im playing for Vasco de Llama this year, made up of 1st and 2nd years. We had a solid 3-1 win in the Sunday Prem. Lots of teams this year and its a good reason to drink on sunday

The team I am on Nobis Astor are in the Sunday Prem as well! We had a 5-3 loss on Sunday! I signed up as an individual, and there were about 5 people in the same boat on Sunday, so it was the first time we had all met! So hopefully we will improve as the season progresses! Although I did score a nice goal from about 25 yards and had 2 assists so I am happy enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

I'm not playing any more, but I played in nets for Football Utd in their 1st year, cracking team, got better every year and probably one of the most consistent teams in Superleague history!

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I'm playing for Stu Alexandria this year. They used to be called Flip Flops, but that was a siht name.

• Advertisement

sounds good cruiserweight.. i had my first goal of the season in the opening match too. A good way to start the campaign. I look forward to playing you.

I'm playing for Stu Alexandria this year. They used to be called Flip Flops, but that was a siht name.

yeah that really is a poor name. I was very happy to discover that my team good a mention for originality in the Ucd paper today..!

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭GusherING

I'll be an occasional sub for The Sexual Terrorists. Played last week and we lost 6 nil, not too bad for our very first ever game! Might have been the Ruck Fangers guys, but I'm unsure on that!

there was a write up , i think it was in the observer, about the constant use of sexual references in team names...i reckon it wouldnt be the Superleague without it.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭nicker_s

Hows it going, just wondering is anyone looking for a player, i used to play with the B-Sharps a couple of years ago. Generally play in defence but I am willing to play anywhere outfield.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Yeah our team got a bit of a pasting on Sunday, mainly due to us not really have played together before! The team we were playing are in their fourth year together!

I am more hopeful for this Sunday :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Petruccio

Seasons about to kick off again, so thought i'd bump this post! I play for John Reids Broga Nua, was wondering if anyone had played The B Sharps yet? Any helpful bit of info?

My thanks to you Cruiserweight though, our win against your lot gave us our only points this season. You guys did well all things considered.

Advertisement