Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New extension build

Options
  • 03-10-2006 7:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭

Can anyone advise on a new extension build. I would prefer to go with solid walls if the price is right. Is it possible to get precast concrete walls and floors is there a big difference between precast and traditional methods. Also I ve heard that alot of Polish guys are good on price and the workmanship is top quality.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭knighted_1

be very careful employing foreign construction workers as u will have zero comeback if something goes wrong -they are good workers but employ thru local builder as its on his head then - and things can go wrong -its part and parcel of construction

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

if you are building walls with polish worker with standard blocks,materials,wood floors its cheaper than precast i think, buy book how to build house/ extension 2006 edition,you need to be very careful regarding insulation and vapor barriors ,book has all info re building regs, buiding methods materials in ireland.put in underfloor air vents at least 4.its 35euro approx ,well spent.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭mad m

If your selling house on in years to come you might be asked to produce building certs etc...

Advertisement