Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3347nwg Netopia & realvnc

Options
  • 03-10-2006 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭

Hi All

Pulling my hair out at this stage. Set up 5 realvnc clients (each with different ports for the server) in my friends company, locally can access each machine, not a problem (so I know they vnc servers are working).

Presumeably I configured the Netopia (eircom branded firmware 7.4.02 or something like that) as there was no pinholes only a reference to NAT rules which I entered and titled each one vnc[name] global ports xxxx and the ip address of the specific machine, but alas no joy, fecker doesn't want to connect through the wan interface.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

N

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

First thisng I would do is check if the ports are actually open on your external interface.
    Handiest thing to do is use shields up and specify the ports you want scanned
    http://www.grc.com/default.htm

If they don't show open you'll know where to start

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭Zenith74

I was trying to forward ports on a 3347WG last week and failed miserably using the GUI. Not sure why they got rid of the pinholes setup in favour of those 'service' things you're talking about.
    I got it working by telneting onto the box instead and configuring it from the command line. It's not the easiest way to do it though. Example -
    From DOS prompt run 'telnet 192.168.1.254'
    From prompt type 'configure' followed by RETURN
    Then 'set pinhole name vnc1' + RETURN
    It'll ask for the protocol, which is 'tcp' in the case of VNC.
    Then it'll ask for the external port start, so '5900'.
    Then ext port end, '5900' again.
    Then internal IP, so say one of your PCs '192.168.1.2'.
    Then internal port, so '5900' again.
    Once that's done type 'save' to save the configuration to the router.
    Then 'exit' + RETURN.
    And again 'exit' + RETURN.
    Restart the box.

Give that a try...

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭nialler

ta zenith

I'll give that a go, quite comfy using command line.

N

Advertisement