Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

T.Y.-Should i do it?

• 03-10-2006 9:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭

hi,im a good student,who just doesnt applie himeself.........im in third yr and was wondering:will ty be of benifit to me?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Short answer no! I did TY but it was compulsory, its a waste of time even if you did apply yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

I liked it, It was a break before getting down and dirty in 5th and 6th year, Was a great laugh too would have been sorry to pass it up i have to say, even though a few friends go ahead into 5th year and you loose contact with them to an extent (within school) but funnily enough in my school the teachers became sound even the dicks laughing joking and taking the piss out of themselves and other teachers too. :)

TBH you learn f all academically but learn a lot in social skills depending on the angle your school gives the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

It all depends on your school and what you make of TY tbh. Talk to some people who have done TY in your school and see what they thought of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

thanks for the advice guys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

what you put into TY, you get back from TY

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

thats true in some senses but if your school runs it terribly it won't work that way. Most of the schoolwork we did was entirely pointless the only things I would had regarded as useful were the Killary Trip and Work Experience in NUIM. The rest was just a waste of time no matter how applied you were.

Advertisement