Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

November Surprise?

Options
  • 03-10-2006 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

Based on various bits and bobs coming out on the Republican Party in the recent days (the latest being about 45 Republicans named on TV that have been charged or are about to be) and a recent interview of Bush in his car when questioned on the upcoming elections even the concept of loosing wasn't even entertained (as far as he was concerned they have already won).

It begs the questions what sort of November surprise both parties have in the run up.

Anyone taking any bets? :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

god totally overused phrased, I turn off when I hear someone using it...

The US is at war it says, why would it let anything harm that war, like republicans losing the house. Me thinks the war mongers will just start funding the democrats.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,421 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Hobbes wrote:
    the latest being about 45 Republicans named on TV that have been charged or are about to be
    Charged with what? Is this the Foley thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Hobbes wrote:
    even the concept of loosing wasn't even entertained (as far as he was concerned they have already won).

And with Diebold on his side, how could he not believe they had already won!!!

;)

No...seriously though...the vast majority of seats are, allegedly, shoe-ins because of the way electoral maps are drawn.
    It begs the questions what sort of November surprise both parties have in the run up.
    The Democrats have, I believe, nothing. The Republican have the well-known-and-loved GOP Propaganda Machine.
    Anyone taking any bets? :)
    Republicans to retain control. Democrat supporters to cry foul.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭The_Scary_Man

I'll call Democrats to take the House and the Republicans to retain the Senate by a hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Victor wrote:
    Charged with what? Is this the Foley thing?

Supposed to be currently 45 Republicans charged with various crimes. Funniest one being sticking a deers head into some black families mailbox.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gr8qQ-VX9i8

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,421 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Hobbes wrote:
    Supposed to be currently 45 Republicans charged with various crimes. Funniest one being sticking a deers head into some black families mailbox.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gr8qQ-VX9i8
    45 out of how many?

Victor wrote:
    45 out of how many?

222 I think, or there abouts.

I think we should use this thread to keep track of whos doing what to try and win.. Lets see so far.

D if its a win for Democrats, R if its a win for republicans.

D - Foley scandal.
    R - Foley tagged as Democrat, claimed abused (playing victim).
    D - Torture bill (nicely swept under the rug)
    R - Claims that "gay democrats" may of protected Foley.
    D - Claims coming out now that Randy "Duke" Cunningham may of been taking bribes of high class hookers.
    D - Book on details that Bushes administration hate the evangelicals.
    R - Gerrymandering

Any more?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭RedPlanet

bonkey wrote:
    Republicans to retain control. Democrat supporters to cry foul.
    I concur.
    A few seats gained for the Dems at best.

New one in...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/6049274.stm

D - Bob Ney pleads guilty to bribery charges.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

I dont know. What the latest polls suggest is that there is going to be surge in support for the Dems in this election. Id say Dem to retake the House, gains in the Senate but it would have to be a really good day for them to take that too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement