Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is the K800i for me?

• 03-10-2006 9:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭

I purchased a k750i from ebay December last and I loved the phone. I used it as a camera, mp3 player and occasionally a phone.

Problems began to arise fairly soon with the dodgy joystick. In July, the camera stopped working due to(I'm guessing) a switch on the slider jobbie breaking.

This was closely followed by the loudspeaker breaking, leaving it extreemly difficult to hear the phone ring. And now its becoming impossible to make out what people calling me are saying.

Oh - and somewhere along the way the handsfree headphones that came with it stopped working - leaving me without the mp3 player and radio. I believe the socket on the phone was to blame for this because the charger won't make a proper connection all the time(similarly with the usb cable)

Ok - so that's what went wrong with my k750i in under a year. I was hoping that for the money I paid it would at least last 2 years - or if I were upgrading that it would be fit to be sold on. So is it worth my while splashing out even more hard earned cash on the k800?

Or could anyone recomend a phone more suited to me. It would need most of the features that the k750/k800 has.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

I think you have 2 years warranty on that phone. You should be able to get it fixed for free at a repair centre in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭johnp

Incredibly I was just about to open a thread about the K800i :eek:

Unfortunately I can't help you. I was tempted originally by the k750i, but am intrigued by the k800i. Looks a very nice phone.
    I wanted to know if anyone has one and what they think.

Also the memory takes Memory Stick Micro™ (M2™). This M2 seems to complicate things. Does it mean that it will only that M2? Hmmmm, sounds expensive to put lots of memory in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

k800i will only take m2 cards.

i upgraded from a k750i to a k800i in the summer. it's a great phone some of the features i love are

the upgraded camera - it's now a camera instead of a mobile phone camera.

menu system - has been tweaked can't really go into specifics but it's much smoother and more responsive.

5 alarms - for heavy sleepers like myself this is a god send, you can now set 5 alarms with different times/ringtones etc.etc. (still have a problem getting up though, but it's a damn sight easier than before :p)

RSS reader - handy feature to have, not much more to say about it than that.

mp3 player - much improved, also the addition of a USB2.0 connection makes transferring files a lot easier.

some things i dislike/disliked...

the lens cover - it's way too bulky the phone just doesn't sit as right as the k750i did in your pocket. although it protects the lens more.

the internet button/shortcut button - don't really dislike these as such but from the sheer size of them it took a little getting use to actually hitting the right button eg hitting the right menu key instead of the shortcut key or hitting the left menu key instead of the internet button.

overall the phone is brilliant but was it worth the upgrade? well imo it's hard to say they really only improved the k750i a bit and didn't do anything outstanding but it all depends on what you think, i'd suggest trying to demo a model if you can before taking the plunge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

bull man the k800i is an amazing phone, much better than the k750i.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

I purchased a k750i from ebay December last and I loved the phone. I used it as a camera, mp3 player and occasionally a phone.

Problems began to arise fairly soon with the dodgy joystick. In July, the camera stopped working due to(I'm guessing) a switch on the slider jobbie breaking.

This was closely followed by the loudspeaker breaking, leaving it extreemly difficult to hear the phone ring. And now its becoming impossible to make out what people calling me are saying.

Oh - and somewhere along the way the handsfree headphones that came with it stopped working - leaving me without the mp3 player and radio. I believe the socket on the phone was to blame for this because the charger won't make a proper connection all the time(similarly with the usb cable)

Ok - so that's what went wrong with my k750i in under a year. I was hoping that for the money I paid it would at least last 2 years - or if I were upgrading that it would be fit to be sold on. So is it worth my while splashing out even more hard earned cash on the k800?

Or could anyone recomend a phone more suited to me. It would need most of the features that the k750/k800 has.

Unless you purchased it from a "shop" on ebay i think your in a bit of dodgey territory when it comes to repairs on that unit. I was working for o2 for a good while there and i have to say that the rate of returns on the k750 was relatively low in comparison to otherhandsets out there, sound like you were unlucky mate. I've a k800 on 3 and am very happy with it....... just need to get around to flashing it with generic firmware.

• Advertisement
Advertisement