Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any suggestions for promoting a stock photography site?

• 03-10-2006 10:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

I'm developing a stock photography and print sales website. Would anyone have any suggestions about ways to promote this as a new service? The stock photography would be mostly aimed at designers and publishing but the print sales would be for anyone who would like a photographic print of a specific Irish location or theme.
    All ideas and suggestions welcome...
    ( http://archive.nophotography.com )

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭leftofcentre

To be honest the name is terrible, very negative. I would call it something like irishstockphotos.com or something like that.

You could send out letters to all the picture desks at newspapers, and also all the art directors at marketing companies.

Also I would look to sell images on the main sites like getty, corbis etc.

As a regular buyer of stock images i only use these big sites as their selection is huge.

The big sites are getting hit hard by www.istockphoto.com thats the only site i use now.

Best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭watersprings

I haven't had a chance to look at your site. But if there is a news element, you could send a letter to the national picture editors and the provincials editors, perhaps offering them a free trial. You could also target web design agencies and graphic designers.

In terms of spreading the word, you could do a press release, targetting the business and techie correspondents and publications.

The best of luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭failsafe

Google adwords. I presume if people want pictures of ireland they's search for them in google. A few cleverly placed keywords like "dalkey, ireland, etc..." could get you some hits.

Advertisement