Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mary & Bertie

Options
  • 03-10-2006 11:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

what do you think? Did Mary know what was coming? or had she a very lucky escape. Ha! Ha!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Well look at the editor of the paper that broke the story, she's a former PD.

You put one and one together......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Heinrich

gandalf wrote:

OUCH

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

any chance someone could fill in the blanks of the OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

well it was very convenient she resigned with out any warning right before all this and she's not fond of macdowel. might explain why lovely liz didnt make her big push for the leadership :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭CK.1

I was think the same thing, what a lucky coincidence!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

gandalf wrote:

Ah now that's not fair.

Mary's big but she's not the size of two..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Another constipation theory takes flight.

Mike.

but one that got taken so seriously in the dail it not only rocked bertie it got him in the trouble he is now with the PDs:D :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

I've been wondering this myself. Harney had just successfully seen off a coup by McDowell, and then suddenly resigns anyway? No ..... that doesn't make sense by itself. A lot of people speculated that it was over the media's treatment of her regarding her ill mother which was grotesque. But even that doesn't really make a great deal of sense either. She was Tanaiste, and as such, would be well used to having to deal with people playing dirty, so she can't have been that naievely sensitive of what people would say or do to get ahead.

But when you factor in the current debacle her shock departure does make sense.

hey its not called politics for nothing! :D funny thing is the media are still treating her like the taniste, going to her for opinions when really besides being minister for health shes a nobody now. its meant to be the micky and liz show, amazing how quiet she's been on all this. maybe the girls were in on it together:)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

I had heard a few days back that she knew this leak was 'in the pipeline' before she resigned. I had also heard she may have influenced the timing of the release of the story into the public domain ....to some extent .

I will also say that she is very fond of Micheál Mc and has every confidence in his ability and superior judgement as a politician.

And there is more to come , there is quite a squad of journos sniffing around Manchester and some Irish MU shareholders and fans over there . United we stand...so far anyway.

Advertisement