Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Prking in town at night???

Options
  • 04-10-2006 12:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭

I plan on heading out in town on Thursday night & am going to drive in and home as i live in Kildare and can take or leave the whole drink thing.

But I am a bit concerned as to where i can park my pride and joy for the duration of my stay in whatever 'fine' establishment that will have me! Is there any supervised parking at night in town or is it just a case of picking a 'nice' area & hoping for the best:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

If you can, park on Merrion Sq opposite National Art Gallery/Government Buildings. Well lit, but more usefully, well populated by Garda, so very safe and 10 mins walk to Grafton St.

Avoid the car park in Marlboro st, drury street not bad but awkward access etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

dceire wrote:
    I plan on heading out in town on Thursday night & am going to drive in and home as i live in Kildare and can take or leave the whole drink thing.

But I am a bit concerned as to where i can park my pride and joy for the duration of my stay in whatever 'fine' establishment that will have me! Is there any supervised parking at night in town or is it just a case of picking a 'nice' area & hoping for the best:confused:

Doesnt matter where you park we are all on the look out now and will trash it anyway! haha:p

Not a Dub myself but living here for 7 years and have actually drove in and parked my car in town numerous time:eek: and never once was it touched, drive in every morning now and park in city centre:eek: and guess what? it has never been touched!!! just because you are coming to the "big smoke" doesnt automatically mean someone is going to rob your car. The only time I ever had damage done to my car when I wasnt there was in Cavan:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Is there something special about your car that makes you think the magpies will be more attracted to it than the thousands of others parked around the city. I regularly park on the street around the city and have never had any problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭Larry David

dceire wrote:

Brown Thomas car park has good security.

Advertisement