Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non-slip flooring for wetroom

Options
  • 04-10-2006 12:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭

Our downstairs shower is a wet room without a shower tray to enable wheelchair access. I need to source some sort of flooring that is non-slip so that no one breaks their neck.

So far I have only found some fairly rank non-slip tiles (I got a sample this morning and called into MacD's on my way home only to find the same one on their toilet floors and it looks awful and dirty) which are pretty hard to clean because of the textured tile surface. Also a type of non-slip lino which could be used but looks naff and industrial as well.

One flooring place told me that people tend to use mosaic tiles as with the amount of grout it makes the floor less slippery.

Has anyone found anything else which is more pleasing to the eye that can be used?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭twinkletoes

We have a wet room too and also didnt like any of the non-slip tiles...so we just put down ordinary tiles and have bought stuff called "Grip Anti Slip" in Right Price Tiles..it's a coating you put on the tiles....havent got around to putting it on yet but it's supposed to be brillaint.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I have tiles in my wetroom and they are a non-slip finish, however I also have a special non slip lino in the laundry which is called Griptex and it is fantastic stuff really hardwearing and grippy also available in a range of colours and patterns so it doesn't look naff.
    I believe there as another type called Aquagrip not as stylish but quite a bit cheaper.

Advertisement