Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

O2 pay as you go in Dubai????

• 04-10-2006 1:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭

It says on their website that I cant use my fone over there,but I am wondering has anyone got theirs working over there.

Going there in 2 weeks

My fone is a d600 quad fone

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Leanne_777

O2 do have roaming in South Africa for speakeasy so you should be okay.,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Leanne_777 wrote:
    O2 do have roaming in South Africa for speakeasy so you should be okay.,

Might not be any help in Dubai.

Why don't you buy a vodafone sim card and load a few euros on it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

It seems they only support bill-pay for roaming there :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Dellas

I was there in March and couldnt use O2/VF Irish pre pay . I could use my VF UK prepay SIM though so I just used that .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

You will pay a fortune for mobile calls from over there , I'm just back and got a ready to go card over there , they cost €25 and then everyone can ring you , text home only cost about 20 cents and it dont cost anything if someone calls or texts you from home

I'll have a look and see if I can find mine , think there is some credit on it ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Dellas

Did you buy from from Etisalat???? I was going to do that but then I was told it was Eur 40 and I needed to take my passport to register it. Unless this has changed. I was only there for 4 days so I just texted home using my VF UK prepay SIM card. It cost me 49p per text.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Dellas wrote:
    Did you buy from from Etisalat???? I was going to do that but then I was told it was Eur 40 and I needed to take my passport to register it. Unless this has changed. I was only there for 4 days so I just texted home using my VF UK prepay SIM card. It cost me 49p per text.

Yep , thats the one , hady to have a number over there as your family can call you and diddnt cost a penny extra for me ;)

Advertisement