Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart Customer? Got approached by eircom or others

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,122 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

dahamsta wrote:
    Next time call him a liar and tell him to f*ck off. It's more direct. ;)
    LOL :D Hopefully, I won't hear from him or his ilk again.

Amusingly, when the door rang, my gf went to answer the door, and for a laugh I said if it's eircom, tell them to **** off. She didn't heed me though, and I was surprised that it was eircom! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭You Suck!

Called here too, but I was so pissed, the sight of the eircom symbol being red to a bull went on a rant and didn't let the guy get a word in sideways..... :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

If anyone is approached by eircon reps, resist the urge to tell them to **** off (I know, it'll be tough).

Instead, ask them LOADS of questions about contention ratios, broadband speed, connectivity (e.g. how come broadband wasn't available here last year when I wanted it), pricing (why it's so much dearer than Smart), limits, number portability issues, and ask about every other special offer.....

THEN ask them why the eircom radio advert doesn't distinguish between people who do need to swtich and those who don't.

THEN ask them how they got your name and number and whether it's legal under the Data Protection Act.

Finally, after keeping them there for an hour, tell them to **** off.....remember, while this wastes your time, it also wastes theirs, so you could be saving someone further down their list who's less well informed from being conned....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭zynaps

Liam Byrne wrote:
    Finally, after keeping them there for an hour, tell them to **** off.....remember, while this wastes your time, it also wastes theirs, so you could be saving someone further down their list who's less well informed from being conned....
    Take one for the team, eh? ;)

I'd suggest taping the conversation - you never know what tricks these guys will pull (ie: you suddenly find out you've been signed up when you didn't sign anything and no mention of such was made at the time).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Pulling out a tape recorder is probably the quickest way to get rid of them anyway. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

I've moved some posts out, at the request of Damien. Given that we've asked twice to keep it on topic (for Smart customers to report here if they've been approached by a winback team), I'll just be deleting off topic posts (something I don't like doing), in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Fitzee

I was too short with the eircom reps that called me, I am sorry now that I didn't keep them on the line to get some supporting material for complaints. The odd thing is, I had a residential account and a business account on WLR with Smart, I got a call in relation to both accounts within a minute or two from the same person.... It's clearly some list they had from some time ago as I happened to have changed from Smart a couple of weeks previously. I have the contact number (mobile) of the girl who called me too, if that's of any interest DM. :) Any assistance I can provide to call eircom and comreg to task on this disgrace will be gratefully given. The whole situation disgusts me and makes Ireland look like a joke, again, thanks to eircom & comreg, partners in crime:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 654 ✭✭✭mr_disc

they approached me.... called to my house and i promptly told them where to go !!........ long live smart !!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 jward

I am a Smart Broadband customer and here's my story so far:
    1. I had a complete service until last Wednesday afternoon October 4th. Then I was shutdown. This was after ComReg had agreed an interim solution with eircom to provide a service for 2 weeks on October 3rd.
    2. An eircom sales person knocked on my door on Thursday (coincidence?). He knew I was a Smart Customer, and then also knocked on my neighbours door (also a smart customer).
    3. The same eircom sales person told us that we were being disconnected in 2 days. This FUD is being used despite the 2 week agreement in place. He also told us that it would take 4 weeks for another provider and eircom would connect us immediately. Unfortunately the last sentence is probably true.

I contacted ComReg to inform them of this. They don't seem to be doing anything about it.

I now have to go through 3rd Party Verification to get my Smart broadband reconnected. The number has been sent to eircom for reconnection so god knows how long thats going to take.

jward wrote:
    I contacted ComReg to inform them of this. They don't seem to be doing anything about it.

I got a direct contact in ComReg from the Smart support forums. I passed on the details as posted here. He rang me back and we discussed the matter further.

They're currently collating the information from a number of sources.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

'Collating' is Comreg Speak for "Doing Nothing" and they will do nothing .

Anyone who was cut off and who then approached Comreg (that I know of) was not turned back on as a consqeuence. I am referring to LLU customers here.

Sponge Bob wrote:
    'Collating' is Comreg Speak for "Doing Nothing" and they will do nothing .

Anyone who was cut off and who then approached Comreg (that I know of) was not turned back on as a consqeuence. I am referring to LLU customers here.

That maybe the case but I was happy to get called back and that it appeared as if it was being dealt with as a serious matter.

My previous dealings were over the phone to the ComReg consumer line. I was fobbed off.

I'm told I'll be kept informed so will post if there are any more developments.

Advertisement